Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Garcon, there's a hair in my headphones....

Bobro

Just a funny story. There's been an increasing buzz in my headphones...only one side, only with bass notes...okay they were only $250 but still, I was worried. Now I've fried two sets of cheap multimedia speakers experimenting with Reaktor, so I feared the worst, even though I'm naturally mighty careful with heaphones. Cheap multimedia speakers are cannon fodder.

Anyway I just popped them open in the vain hope that it might be a problem within my abilities... and there it was! Just a tiny hair wedged in their where it could flap against the cone (or is it called a diaphragm in headphones? I don't know). Took it out, fired up the acid test (analog bass track) and the problem is solved.

The shadowy side to this sunny story is the fact that the hair was...gray. :(

-CB

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Bobro:

Just a funny story. There's been an increasing buzz in my headphones...only one side, only with bass notes...okay they were only $250 but still, I was worried. Now I've fried two sets of cheap multimedia speakers experimenting with Reaktor, so I feared the worst, even though I'm naturally mighty careful with heaphones. Cheap multimedia speakers are cannon fodder.

Anyway I just popped them open in the vain hope that it might be a problem within my abilities... and there it was! Just a tiny hair wedged in their where it could flap against the cone (or is it called a diaphragm in headphones? I don't know). Took it out, fired up the acid test (analog bass track) and the problem is solved.

The shadowy side to this sunny story is the fact that the hair was...gray. :(

-CB

Both of my headphones has that buzz, and I do have a sprinkle of grey. Thanks, I`m gonna check into that. Casey

"Let It Be!"

Originally posted by Magpel:

Two solutions: haircut and hair dye...

Hehe, as long as my ears and gear are okay, I actually don't mind the gray hair. It's a sign that time is going by, though. My only regret at this point in life is that the flying cars and brass bullet-bras of yesterday's Year 2000 are nowhere in site. And I'd better live long enough to see mankind walk on Mars, or at least find fossil life there, gosh dang it.

-CB

Originally posted by Bobro:

My only regret at this point in life is that the flying cars and brass bullet-bras of yesterday's Year 2000 are nowhere in site. And I'd better live long enough to see mankind walk on Mars, or at least find fossil life there, gosh dang it.

-CB

When I was a kid, I was proferred competing and irreconcilable visions of the 21st century: on the one hand technological utopia, on the other post-nuke and retro-primitive Darwinian wasteland. Is it just me, or do the two visions seem to be pretty well merged by now, depending on where you live (and where you turn for entertainment). Anyway, glad to hear that your headphones are working again and your bass response restored. Personally, I have been experiencing troubling MIDI/Audio fluctuations of late. Either that, or I just really have no groove after all.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Archived