Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

GEORGE HARRISON DIED

lrbreez

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by lrbreez:

George Harrison died tonight. He was a huge influence on me. He was a great musician and guitarist.

Buddy

Yes, this is sad. I had heard a couple days ago that he was in his last days. I liked George, and I think he was an important musician in several respects. For example, I credit him as one of the first and one of the only non-blues based slide guitarists. He was also an intermittently great songwriter.

George was my wife's favorite Beatle. She even followed him through his solo career, which takes some fortitude. She'll be upset by this.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

I'd been expecting to hear this any day. I heard a few weeks ago that his cancer had advanced beyond treatment and he didn't have long. Still it's sad to see him go. What I always liked and admired about him is that he always thought of himself more as a musician than a star. It's refreshing to see someone get that successful without letting it go to his head. RIP, George!

Peace all,

Steve

><>

Steve

Originally posted by kcbass:

My Sweet Lord! That is my favorite.

...originally "He's So Fine" (I can't remember the original girl group, but George lost in court on that one)

Personally, "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" is my favorite.

steadyb

Archived