Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Holy crap...Chimera Browser rox! (OS X-MAC)

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, chimera's pretty cool. It's also one of the oldest surviving web browsers around. I think it's even older than lynx, which also rocks madly when you're on a machine with tight memory. iirc, i think both chimera and lynx predate the WWW. So there's your historical web browser to go with your historical OS :oP Isn't unix lovely? :D ==================================================== #include

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

I had the last version, but it was crashing...The new one has crashed a few times on me, but it is so fast, it hasn't bugged me too much...I went out to the term and saw that it was using 76% CPU on a Ti800 with 1gb ram, so prolly not one to multitask while doing edits... I love unix so far...Wish I had gotten into it earlier..

A link might be helpfull. [url=http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/internet_utilities/chimera.html]Link[/url] I'll be happy to try this on out. Been using Netscape but not crazy about it with OSX - moved to IE, but don't like using microsoft stuff. Hope this thing will meet my standarts...

Rotshtein Danny - Studio Engineer

Jingles show-reel

Visit DarlingNikkie.com To discover the sounds of "Darling Nikkie"(aka Jade 4U). . . .

New exciting project Goddess of Destruction

I love this browser...it is faster for me than the the pc I used and that pc was on atleast a t1 connection...im on dsl using a dual gig G4 with 1.5 gigs of ram...it's only at .6 now but it is very stable for me....more so than anyother browser...Omniweb is a nice browser but not as fast although when Omniweb 5 is released it has the potential to be the fastest browser but that is still a few months off...IE I believe is also going through a rewrite now for OS X...it needs to in order to compete with the new browser competition on OS X... Speaking of OS X if you don't have Launchbar download it now!...it is pretty fabulous also.... [url=http://www.obdev.at/products/launchbar/]LaunchBar Product Page[/url]

For those that don't like IE but need something kind of `standard'- Try Mozilla (www.mozilla.org) True, it's kind of heavy, but it has a lot of great features that make life simple, like decent email services, cookie management, and the ability to block those durned javascript.open() popups. :D of course, on my athlon it's pretty damn quick. On my other machines without a GUI, Lynx it is. A beautiful jaunt in speed, simplicity and lack of frills. I won't suggest the HotJava browser that comes with Solaris, though. :oP =================================================== #include

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

So far I found Chimera's navigator to work well on all the sites I visited and fast... but just now, visiting MP3.com it tells me - hi, we can block all those annoying POPUPS you hate so much. Ain't that great!!

Rotshtein Danny - Studio Engineer

Jingles show-reel

Visit DarlingNikkie.com To discover the sounds of "Darling Nikkie"(aka Jade 4U). . . .

New exciting project Goddess of Destruction

Archived