Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Expert Opinions Sought

R_dup1

I've seen the thoughtful and helpful reviews that many of you have given to other posters here on the forum, and I would really appreciate it if you could give a listen to at least some part of these three songs and let me know what you think and how specifically they could be improved. Thanks to anyone who offers feedback, and I'd be happy to return the favor! :)

Here they are:

1. I Know Some Things - Chill Out/Lounge Tune

http://artists.mp3s.com/artist_song/1992/1992909.html

2. Anthymyst - Trying to be an anthym, but more of a retro thing instead I guess

http://artists.mp3s.com/artist_song/1992/1992897.html

3. Chromatica - An attempt at Melodic Trance

http://artists.mp3s.com/artist_song/2007/2007744.html

Thanks!!! :)

Roland

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i'll have a look tomorrow - sorry i'm finishing off a demo for a competition and have major noise problems in my vocal track - gotta download a plug in.
"Consider how much coffee you're drinking - it's probably not enough."

g'day roland,

sorry i haven't gotten back until today - i had a nightmare yesterday trying to get a demo onto cd that was due today! for a competition.

i listened to your stuff - really really good hey. you've got quite a load of material and you cover a wide range of styles, in this particular style (btw, the correct title for this style is.....????). tell me, have you created most of it from loops and samples or have you built it from the ground up? either way it's good. there's another dude on the forum who i referred to this thread - he's just recently started doing this stuff and i think your material would be a great inspiration to him. he creates his stuff straight from his korg KARMA.

seeing everyone is posting stuff, when i find a way to upload to my website i might put the song i did for my demo on it. i'm not into the electronic side of music personally, more into piano and organ and singing.

once again, good work with the material mate. have you been doing it for a while? what equipment do you use??

take care.

pray for peace,

k

Hey JimbyJoe,

Thanks for listening and for the comments! :) The songs were created from a vareity of gear including the Karma, Emu XL-1, Virus Indigo, Roland DR-202 drum machine and samples and loops. I'd say the three I posted here are all Electronica, Chill Out/Lounge and Melodic Trance. I write in pretty much all styles, but I haven't put the waltzes and jazzier ones up yet.

I would be happy to post one of your songs for you on Herd On Harmony which is an MP3.com site I run for members of Harmony Central if you'd like. E-mail me at Rollerator@hotmail.com if you're interested and I'll send you song info I need. There's no cost and then you'd have a song up! :) The site is at http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/330/herd_on_harmony.html

Thanks again!

Roland

I took a listen to all three songs you the link too. All three tracks are excellent, but I like the lounge/chill out tune the most. Thats the direction I sorta want to take my music to. But, as much as I like electronic music, Im more of a piano person when comes to writing music. Im gonna try to incorporate some Rhodes or Wurly sounds (when I find them) in my new songs or remixes.

The melodic trance song was interesting, but too me it was a little too slow to be trance. It was more on the...I dunno actually. The chromatic progressions adds an odd twist to the song too. Not bad, its different, and thats what makes the song interesting.

The third song, Anthymist...another tune I really enjoyed. The song remided me of Tangerine Dream a little.

All in all excellent tracks.

keith

keith - if i lived in new york i would happily let you use my wurlitzer 200A electric piano. i scored it at a garage sale for $20 (USD$10) - how much is that kewl????!!!!

roland - i'll gt onto you about that song stuff - just at the moment i'm having problems when i compress the wav into mp3 - it distorts. when i get it fixed i'll get back to you.

cya's!

k

Keith, thanks for the comments. I'm kind of new to the electronica stuff so I'm still guessing on genres. Thanks for the input.

JimbyJoe, cool, let me know if I can help in any way.

DanSouth, I'll search out that thread. Thanks!

Roland

Archived