Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How to synch Kurzweil LFO's to MIDI??

dansouth

Can any of you explain how to construct a K2000/K2500 patch so that the LFO's sync to MIDI? There's nothing anywhere in the manual about this, and I've pulled my hair out trying AClock and BClock routings to no avail.

Help me, before I read the manual AGAIN!!!!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, here's the procedure as I understand it:

Go to the LFO page. Go to the RateCt parameter. Set it's value to AClock, which is a basic on/off (unipolar) square wave that is supposed to respond to MIDI clock messages. The LFO should just sync up when it sees MIDI clock then, otherwise it just defaults to the internal clock on the Song page. The BClock is the bipolar one that does the +1/-1 thing - I'm not sure how to use that for MIDI sync...

I'm pretty sure that's the way it's supposed to work...what's happening when you try that? Are you sure that you have the LFO correctly patched to the destination that you're trying to modulate with it? I know, dumb question, but I've gotta ask...

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Dan,

First common misconception. The K2000, K2500 and K2600 engines are not all the same. If you have a K2500 with KDFX, or a K2600, TEMPO is available as realtime source. Tempo can be assigned as a realtime controller for the LFO's. This is not available on the K2000.

David mentions the AClock and BClock. These are essentially LFO's of their own, that run square waves (on/off)against system tempo. There are variations on this such as A CLK4 which will give you a quarter note pulse. If you assign this to a filter instead of the LFO itself, you may get the desired effect.

Last but not least, you could manually set the LFO's to the tempo that is needed. For example if your tempo is 120bpm. Setting your LFO at a rate of 2.0 Hertz will give you a quarter note rhythm.

Hope this helps,

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

Archived