Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

A question about sibelius...

Blue

Hi,

This is my first post here. I've reading you guys for a while (almost 1 month) and I must say I was (and still am) afraid to post, because you all look like absolute pros, gear geeks, proficient pianists and the like, while I am nothing but a hobbyist musician with a ton of things to learn, not to mention practice.

Well, maybe other day I'll bore you talking about my life but for now I'll try to get to the point as quick as possible: my question is about Sibelius, the notation software. I know this is not Sibelius' support forum, but the makers of the software doesn't seem to offer any kind of support to their demo-users (which they should see also as _potential customers_). And I read time ago a discussion about notation soft in this forum, so maybe I'm lucky enough to stumble upon some kind sibelius user willing to lend me a hand: I want to know how the heck do I increase the size of both staves in the grand staff and of course the notes accordingly (this is the problem: the note size). Not from scratch, but after having introduced some data in the "default" size used in the templates. All I have been able to find out is this: I go to the "Create" menu and from there I click "Staff type change...", then I select "5 lines", button "modify", and I increase the value "Staff line separation". And yes, the staves grow bigger (the lines increase their separation) but... the notes don't!!! So I'm left with something like 2 notes per space...

I don't think I'm going to find much help here, but it's one thing that is driving me nuts and I don't know where to ask.

Well at least I have introduced myself! Don't expect much posts from me in this forum (like I said you intimidate me...), but be sure I'll be reading you all...

blue.

PS- Just in case you didn't notice, english is not my native tongue so please excuse any unintelligible thing I might say.

= blue =

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Blue:

This is my first post here. I've reading you guys for a while (almost 1 month) and I must say I was (and still am) afraid to post, because you all look like absolute pros, gear geeks, proficient pianists and the like, while I am nothing but a hobbyist musician with a ton of things to learn, not to mention practice.

snip

Well at least I have introduced myself! Don't expect much posts from me in this forum (like I said you intimidate me...), but be sure I'll be reading you all...

Yo, Blue!

First of all, welcome aboard! We're truly glad to have you here!

We have all kinds of folks here, from the very experienced to complete novices, and all are equally welcome. Please don't be intimidated by any of us - we're here to share our common experiences, and to try and help each other.

We eagerly welcome your questions and comments, and general participation!

...oh, BTW, your English appears to be just fine! http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

dB

P.S. I don't know the first thing about the program Sibelius, other than what it is - sorry...maybe someone else can be of assistance...

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Archived