Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

keyboard amps & bass guitars

kduane

Does anyone own a Roland kc-500 and have you ever blown the tweeter?

I was talking to tech support about playing my bass guitar through it and he said that I might blow the tweeter--he also said I could blow it by over

doing the keyboard bottom end as well. What's up wit dat??? Isn't this thing crossed over or something????

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by kduane:

Does anyone own a Roland kc-500 and have you ever blown the tweeter?

I was talking to tech support about playing my bass guitar through it and he said that I might blow the tweeter--he also said I could blow it by over

doing the keyboard bottom end as well. What's up wit dat??? Isn't this thing crossed over or something????

Bass distortion produces transients in the higher frequency region. This is easily proved with a scientific calculator and good knowledge of calculus. But just believe me it happens. This high frequency distortion contains a lot of high frequency energy. A 50 watt amp can produce distortion up to 500 watts. What does your 100 watt tweeter think of that? Its okay once in a while, but after time, the tweeter just gives up. I work in audio repair and have replaced a lot of tweeters, people talking about I was just jamming "Snoop Dog", why my tweeter gone? $75.00 parts and $50.00 labor and I will tell you why. Believe that Roland tech, he is right. Casey

"Let It Be!"

Archived