Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

"Bread and Butter" sounds

H-BOMB

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if I could get some suggestions for what synths to look at for those "bread and butter" sounds (good pianos, strings, acoustic guitars, etc.). I already have a Yamaha P200, Korg Trinity V3, Triton, and M3R. I'm looking at $1000 (US) or less.

Thanks everyone!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you want something with a different sound than you have now, I suggest that you look at an Alesis QS6.1. The QS series is pretty much all about bread and butter sounds, and it's in your price range for sure. You might even be able to find a QS7.1 for under 1K, and get 76 keys instead of 61 - that's basically the only difference.

They're expandable, too...check out the Vintage Keys/Vintage Synths cards.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

My vote is for the pc2r and a qsr, in this order. I still think nothing beats the kurz strings, and I personally like the new piano sample on the pc2. But the qsr is great bang for the buck too. And yeah for the two qcards! I have both of them. If you want the synth, I've seen the qs7.1 as low as around 850. Emu proteus 2000 is also a good bet. My pc88mx has pretty good acoustic guitar patches, so I'm sure the pc2 won't dissapoint.

Zzounds is blowing out a lot of alesis gear, so check it out.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Archived