Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Was this album ever released? (Freddie Mercury Tribute concert)

Rod S

I heard this one on the radio several years ago. I was able to buy the VHS tape back in 95, but I lost it... arghh.

Has anyone actually SEEN this album? Rumours were it was released in England, but not in the US. The VHS tape was discontinued a few years back.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, after Freddie Mercury died, they did a concert with a whole bunch of artists playing Queen (and a few other) songs. Let's : Metallica, Paul Young, David Bowie, Def Leppard, Extreme, GnR (could have left these guys out), elton john, seal, annie lenox, lisa stansfield, george michael, Robert Plant, Roger Daltrey, and others.

It's a very cool concert if you like Queen. The version of 'somebody too love' with George Michael singing actually got some airplay for a while, and was released in a separate album.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/6302732786/qid=998247710/sr=1-5/ref=sc_v_5/002-0169497-4346416

Anyone?

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks!

I'll be damned. There's a guy actually claiming he has the CD.. I'm a bit suspicious since it doesn't have a pic. I'm email him. Apparently there a laser disc version of this too. Too bad I don't have one...

Not sure if I want to buy a used VHS tape... The CD would be nice though.

Thanks again. I didn't even bother to look in Ebay http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

the only thing i could say about the cd is it is possible the record company could have made some special promotional cd's and sent them out. maybe the seller has the concert on laserdisc and burnt a cd from it.

g.

Archived