Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Studio 3 Setup

dsmusic

To anyone who can help.

My Studio 5LX 's power supply died and I had to borrow a Studio 3.

I've gotten my OMS set up to recognize the Studio 3 interface. But it is unclear as to which of the two serial printer ports I should plug into ( I observe two icons - one looks like a computer , the other is similar but I'm not sure what it is). And, depending on which port I plug the serial cable into, midi may or may not be getting to my sound module. If I plug into the other port the midi indicator lights up but there's no output. In either case no midi is not getting to my sound devices when triggered from a keyboard.

I also cannot find anything in the menu bar that allows me to assign ports to my devices.

Some step by step instructions on set up would be appreciated as well as any thoughts as to where I could get hold of a Studio 3 manual.

Please email me directly:

Many thanks,

Dennis

ds.music@ home.com

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dennis:

As I remember, the computer serial cable goes into one of the serial ports (the one that looks like a computer) and the other port is a thru port for connecting your printer. There should be a button on the front to toggle between Midi and Thru. Choose Midi when playing and Thru when you want the connected printer. Data does not flow through the Thru serial port except when selected.

As to assigning ports to your devices that's part of your OMS Studio Set-up. When you choose the Set-up you should be able to click thru ports on a selected device on the graphical display of your set-up.

Try Gibson (bought Opcode) for possible manuals . . . .

Good luck!

Phil

Archived