Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Akai S2800 SCSI

Hey all,

I've recently purchased the Akai S2800 with the SCSI interface installed. I bought this used from Ebay and its in great shape. Unfortunately the documentation is light on the SCSI documentation.

What I'm trying to figure out is what kind of SCSI card to buy for my computer so I can hook the two up and run MESA so the two can share files. It would need to be a PCI socket but I don't know if this thing is SCSI-wide or SCSI-Fast or what.

Any help or pointing would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oops http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

This message has been edited by Rod CA on 08-14-2001 at 03:41 PM

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

My suggestion is look for a specific akai user group. Better get a (few) direct recommendation for a card (assuming no one here own this sampler) that works with the specific sampler.

That being said, I've heard good things about the adaptec 2940 (I think that was the model)... but this was over about a year and a half ago, so I don't know if the model is still around.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Pretty much any Adaptec card will work. The SCSI used in the older AKAI samplers is type 1 on a DB25 connector, pretty old and slow, so you certainly don't need the latest and greatest SCSI card for your computer.

Just so you know, MESA is about the worst piece of s**t, buggiest software I have ever used. You can try it, but be forewarned that I have yet to hear of someone who has ever had a good experience with it, so you are most likely in for a lot of headaches.

If you use Windows, I would suggest Millenium instead.

http://www.rpgfan.demon.co.uk/y2k.htm

------------------

-Matt M

-Matt M

Archived