Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Pevay KB/A 30 keyboard amp reviews?

Yikes

Do good things come in small packages? Does anyone own the little Peavey KB/A-30 amp? It looks like a lot of bells and whistles in a small box. (My back aches from hauling around my 15" Yamahas and separate mixer and amp.) I've not seen any reviews except for a few bass player comments on Harmony Central, one of which claimed the bi-amping (40W to 10" woofer, 10W to tweeter) made it sound like a 100 to 150 watt amp. Any keyboard players tried it? Compared it to Roland's KC amps?

I would be using two amps, in stereo, for home pratice, rehearsal, and as stage monitors (sending direct XLR to the house PA... so, mainly I just need to hear myself above the din on stage). I know that Peavey is no "Barbetta" in a size/performance ratio, but it's less than half the price. If you all have some experience with this amp, or have compared it to Roland's KC-100 or KC-300, I'd love to hear about it.

Nord Stage 88, Roland XP80, Barbetta Amps, and a bunch of stuff gathering dust in the corner.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The words Peavey & tone don't exist in the same sentence. I've never used any of the Roland amps but tried out the Peavey amps when I was looking for an amp. They're awful. Very cold. Don't get it unless it's given to you. Because then you could use it for a doorstop.

Steve

www.seagullphotodesign.com

My one experience with a Peavey combo keyboard amp was borrowing a KB300 for a gig many years ago. To make a long story short, I sat the thing on a chair three feet from my head ( I could touch it with my hand while I was playing my boards), and I still couldn't hear it above the sound on stage.

While they have probably improved them over the years, I imagine that the KB30 (being a great deal less powerful than the 300) would be even harder to hear.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Thanks for the input, guys. In the meanwhile, I've found the extra cash to get that dream Barbetta amp, so I'm movin' on up. Still, if anyone else has tried the bi-amped little Peavey, let me know, just out of curiosity.
Nord Stage 88, Roland XP80, Barbetta Amps, and a bunch of stuff gathering dust in the corner.

Archived