Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Scratching & studdering

TommyT

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are a bunch of vinyl simulator plugins, but they're all escaping me right now except Digidesign's D-Fi and Opcode's Fusion: vinyl, which I don't know if it still exists or what.

My other recommendation is the American DJ Pro Scratch CD player. It's the cheapest scratchable CD player on the market and at around $500 can give you tons of scratch effectsas well as realtime loop sampling and several simultaneous effects. It's a fabulous little machine and its scratching ability is better than some of the >$1000 scratch CD Players.

-Steve

Originally posted by Magpel:

Isotope Vinyl is a dead rip of Opcode Vinyl, and it's free. Gee whiz I wish I had a URL handy. Search Isotope Vinyl. It's excellent.

John

Sorry I looked through several search engines & couldn't find it....Any hints to a site that has it...I'd love to try it out....

Right, my bad. It's izotope, not isotope, and here's the link:

http://www.izotope.com/

Great plugin that I get a lot of use of. After re-reading your original post, it now occurs to me that maybe you're looking DJ effects, and that's what you mean by scratching and stuttering. Vinyl doesn;t do. It's essentially a plugin that adds scratches, his, warp, mechanical noise and other forms of sonic ugliness. It's very cool, and I still recommend it even if it's not what you're looking for. It's fee and it's worked perfectly for in Cakewalk and SoundForge and Cool Edit 2000. Also, if you get it, be sure to click on the screws on the interface design. Cool trick.

John

Magpel

Originally posted by TommyT:

Sorry I looked through several search engines & couldn't find it....Any hints to a site that has it...I'd love to try it out....

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Archived