Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

spinnet connection to a leslie 760

hammondmoron

Hello all! I have an L-102 and a Leslie 760 with the appropriate preamp and I need to have the L-102 adapted for the Leslie. I just want to know some general things, like what the cost will be, the parts needed, that kind of thing. Also, I want to have the L-102 chopped down to make it more like a Porta-B since they are very similar to begin with! Thanks!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Hammondmoron, glad to hear you got a serious Leslie for that L.

You need to:

A)- take a low-level signal from the organ (equivalent to the output of an unamplified electric guitar, for example) and plug it in to the preamp you've got for the Leslie.

or

B)- take the amplified signal from the organ (using the organ's amp as a pre-amp) and plug it directly into the Leslie.

Either way, you're in business.

I think the L has the same preamp/amp as the B & C series. On the side of the amp, facing out towards the back there is a line up of posts where you can take your signal from. It's a very hot signal. Find it & connect it to a 1/4" female jack. Connect to the Leslie preamp with a 1/4" cable & Bob's Your Uncle, you're happening. For more info go here

http://www.theatreorgans.com/grounds/

Great resource from everything Hammond & Leslie.

Steve

www.seagullphotodesign.com

Also go to www.zeni.net and subscribe to the Hammond Mailing List. Even if you don't want to get the e-mails, you can then search the archives for lots of information on tonewheel hammonds and leslies. After subscribing for a few months I reckon I could rebuild the Scanner Vibrato, oil the tonewheel generator, recap the pre-amp and swap tubes in a Leslie 122 just from the info derived there. Unfortunately I've only got a VK-7!

Frosty

Canberra, Australia

Archived