Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Using expanders in LIVE

Gotenks

HI...

I know that is important in a studio having one or two keyboards (used as master controllers) and a lot of racks...

That's becouse of the space avaiable... ecc..

But I have a question for you all.. Isn't it a sufference to use racks and master controllers during a Live?

For example: I have a roland A-90 and a XV5080... than it's a simple thing.. But If I have a Trinity, a Kurz micropiano, a MS2000R, and a JV 2080 isn't it a torture if I want to use sounds from Trinity, sounds from Micropiano and souns from the other machines??

Thanx, men.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No. I found it to be quite convenient, actually.

It's how you set it up for a live situation that makes it a pain or not. I used an MX-8 MIDI patchbay, and though, yes, I did have to do a LOT of work beforehand setting up all the programs, splits, maps, etc., in setlist order, once we were on stage, one button press set up every new song.

And, as I got older, my back was thankful I wasn't hauling all those keyboards around.

Setup: Korg Kronos 61, Roland XV-88, Korg Triton-Rack, Motif-Rack, Korg N1r, Alesis QSR, Roland M-GS64 Yamaha KX-88, KX76, Roland Super-JX, E-Mu Longboard 61, Kawai K1II, Kawai K4.

Archived