Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Native Instruments and Logic Audio Mac

How stable do you find NI's synths as vst plugins in logic on a mac? I just bought the B4 and Pro52 neither of which are stable on my machine. The B4 upgrade wont even run and I get sticky notes and patch changes aafter the Pro52 has been running for a while.

NI's customer support has tried to help but have came up with nothing to get rid of these problems.

I'm also interested in AbSynth and Battery so if anyone is using them with LAPM any comments on their stablilty would be appreciated.

Thanks

My studio is my instrument

RnBeatz

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I install B4 from the CD version 1.0 it runs fine. I downloaded the upgrade and install it just fine. When I try to run it, it ask me to point to the tonewheel file and when I do I get a message saying there is no tonewheel file and disables the B4.

The Pro52 plays fine all day long until I run a sequence through it. It will play back a midi track fine for a while then all the sudden it reverts to the default patches and plays some patch with random parameters that's clearly not the patch displayed but always the same each time it happens.

Thanks for any help

RnBeatz

Originally posted by Tightbeats:

The Pro52 plays fine all day long until I run a sequence through it. It will play back a midi track fine for a while then all the sudden it reverts to the default patches and plays some patch with random parameters that's clearly not the patch displayed but always the same each time it happens.

If it's happening on the same point, check that the midi file is not sending some type of controller,RPN, NRPN message at that point. There's a couple of controllers that's up for grabs, so maybe it was supposed to do something on the synth that the midi file was originally intended to, but now it's messing something up in the pro52. I'm not familiar with this soft synth but I've seen similar problems before. Open up the event list at the point and delete any controller info, then try again. If this solves the problem then figure out which one is the culprit.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Thanks but nothing in the even list. I can play the whole sequence fine many times. As I right other parts I might go through the whole sequence 20 times with no problem then all the sudden the problem happens.

Brian

RnBeatz

Archived