Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anyone found a good PC editor for Roland XV-series synths?

Wiggum

Hey all,

I just got an XV-3080, and I haven't been able to find any editors that support it (looked at Midiquest and Unisyn - SoundDiver website is down right now).

Has anyone found something good? It's a great instrument, but that 80x2 LCD is starting to wear me down.

Thanks,

Wiggum

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Emagics website is still down. However, according to a review in the August 2001 issue of Recording magazine, SoundDiver 3.0 supports over 550 devices. Thats pretty good odds. Recording described SoundDiver as "The top-line editor/librarian" and I agree.

As far as Unisyn goes, I love MOTU but they havent upgraded that program in years. You can buy device upgrades, but the newest Roland profile you can buy is a JV-2080 one for an extra $29.95. That ought to tell you something.

MOTU appears to be channeling all of its efforts these days into Digital Performer, and it shows. DP 3 is a class act! On the other hand, most of MOTUs other programs remain frozen in time, at least a generation out of date...

Enthusiasm powers the world.

Craig Anderton's Archiving Article

I know soundquest was supposed to come up with drivers for the xv88/3080/5080 anytime soon (from what I heard a few months ago). Maybe they did already and haven't updated the website.

There's a dedicated yahoo group where someone from midiquest replies to answers directly (Michael lambie, I believe). I would stick my head in there and find out. A lot of people were bugging about it, so chances are it may be in progress.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Emagic is back up, but SoundDiver doesn't support the XV series (at least not according to their website). The interface looks interesting though (if you like Logic). I wish Steinberg made a similar product. Then I could at least integrate with VST.

All the best,

Wiggum

Archived