Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

what ever happened to...

Felix_dup1

Excuse this blast from the past, but I was just on the MSN homepage, and when I saw a tagline for an article about a "bionic ear," I had a flashback:

I was at a clinic for the Ensoniq EPS-16. (did anyone else find the sample for "cord hum" as amusing as I did back then? or does anyone else remember it?) I remember the clinician talking about revolutionary new hearing aid technology developed (maybe even patented) by Ensoniq. The innovative thing about this hearing aid technology was that individual bands of EQ were boosted in accordance with the frequencies that the patient couldn't hear as well, resulting in a much more realistic representation of sound than a conventional hearing aid that amplified everything.

Anyway - at the time it sounded like a really BIG thing - does anyone happen to know what ever happened to this? Or maybe it was all just a wacked-out dream...

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by felix:

Excuse this blast from the past, but I was just on the MSN homepage, and when I saw a tagline for an article about a "bionic ear," I had a flashback:

I was at a clinic for the Ensoniq EPS-16. (did anyone else find the sample for "cord hum" as amusing as I did back then? or does anyone else remember it?) I remember the clinician talking about revolutionary new hearing aid technology developed (maybe even patented) by Ensoniq. The innovative thing about this hearing aid technology was that individual bands of EQ were boosted in accordance with the frequencies that the patient couldn't hear as well, resulting in a much more realistic representation of sound than a conventional hearing aid that amplified everything.

Anyway - at the time it sounded like a really BIG thing - does anyone happen to know what ever happened to this? Or maybe it was all just a wacked-out dream...

The hearing aids today have compressors, limiters and equalizers in them, so this is not a dream.

( I start selling those in October )

------------------

--Smedis,--

Archived