Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Mellotron samples?

Lee Flier

Hey all -

A friend of mine has an EMU ESI4000 sampler and wants a Mellotron sound out of it. I KNOW there's a really excellent Mellotron package out there but I can't recall who makes it or what it's called. Anybody know?

--Lee

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL... yeah I thought the same thing. No, I don't think it's a sample CD, it's a series of patches for some synth maybe? I don't remember, I just remember a friend of mine had it at his studio. I'll try to contact him but if you guys have any other ideas that would be great, and I'll let my other friend know about the Mike Pinder CD too, thanks.

--Lee

MIKE PINDER "Mellotron Archives" CD-ROM

is correct. I have it. Mellotron and Chamberlian samples. It's excellent, and they even included the "Bungalo Bill" classical guitar intro off of the Chamberlain.

So how would that work with an ESI-4000? My friend and I are both useless guitar players who know nothing about this stuff, he just has the sampler sitting in a rack! Would this CD work with it and if so, HOW?

Also, where do you get it and how much is it?

Thanks,

Lee

Lee, there's also the free and well known "Hovercraft Mellotron" samples, which are available in gigasampler format at Worrasplace.com, but might also ne available as soundfonts and wavs elsewhere. I think they're pretty good, especially the flute sound, which is used on Waves and Particles, my compilation CD contribution.

John

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Originally posted by Lee Flier:

So how would that work with an ESI-4000? My friend and I are both useless guitar players who know nothing about this stuff, he just has the sampler sitting in a rack! Would this CD work with it and if so, HOW?

Also, where do you get it and how much is it?

Thanks,

Lee

I have a K2500RS which recognizes AKAI samples. I think the Emu does too. Just hook up a SCSI CD-ROM drive and go. As far as where I got it, it was actually a birthday present a few years ago, but I don't know where it was originally gotten from.

steadyb

Archived