Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How to reset a yamaha tx7

axis

Hi there folks,

Can anyone of you fine folks out there in keyboard land tell me how to reset the yamaha TX7 to factory presets..????

Best regards

axis

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.>>Søren kirkegaard>

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by axis:

Hi there folks,

Can anyone of you fine folks out there in keyboard land tell me how to reset the yamaha TX7 to factory presets..????

Best regards

axis

As far as I know there is no button to press to get back factory programs.

If you delete or change a program it's gone.

I don't know if the factory programs can be found on the net somewhere but there are some thousand programs to search in.

If you find them it must be loaded using sysex.

------------------

--Smedis,--

There are tens of thousands of sysex files on the net for DX alone, it's pretty amazing. Here's the site for all kinds of FM fun-

ftp://byrd.math.uga.edu/pub/html/dx7.html

"The original factory patches are here as rom1a.syx - rom4b.syx" , I notice there's a "tx7a" file too, might want to check it out.

ftp://byrd.math.uga.edu/pub/music/dx7/syx/

FM synthesis is back in style, too- the latest Keys(DE) magazine has quite a bit on FM. Of course it's the myriads of other sounds rathe than the E-Piano and bells that are hip these days.

-CB

Originally posted by Bobro:

"The original factory patches are here as rom1a.syx - rom4b.syx"

-CB

These are the programs that can be found in the cartridge's that was shipped with the synth.

I think there was another set of sounds in the board from the beginning.

------------------

--Smedis,--

Originally posted by smedis:

These are the programs that can be found in the cartridge's that was shipped with the synth.

I think there was another set of sounds in the board from the beginning.

I believe that a bank of 32 presets from 128 on the cartridges were simply preloaded- all 128 were the "factory presets" and those 32 were the "Master Group." So they should be there. I'm spoiled by my sofsynth "DX"- click the .syx file, voila!

-CB

Guy`s....

Thanks so much for the help...I go to the link, and see what I can find today...

Thanks so much...*S*

Best regards

axix

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.>>Søren kirkegaard>

Archived