Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Sona 31c vs. Sona 22c?

Canadian

Hello...I'm trying to decide between the various models of Sona (Barbetta) amplifiers...I am concerned more with portability and sound quality over watts...I'll be hooking the amp up to my QS8 and some B-3 clone in the fall (I need to do some more reading and hearing before I buy)...

...my problem is that there are no Canadian Barbetta dealers so I'm going to buy the amp "blind" through a mail-order...(Dave - the Annex does not appear to carry them)...I read the amp blow-out feature so I am confident that I'm making the right decision in terms of "make"...

so QUESTION -> how does the sound quality differ between the Sona 31c and Sona 22c and Sona 23c?

....thanks in advance for all of your help

This message has been edited by Canadian on 07-08-2001 at 04:59 PM

• 1 month later...

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed from some other "Sweetwater" posts that you made your decision for the Sona 31C. What influenced your decision? I'm thinking of getting a small amp also.

I live in Southern California, near the same area code as Barbetta. Tony said (in an answer machine reply) there are no Barbetta dealers in So. Cal, so he invited me to shop factory direct, but didn't leave an address. Any of the rest of you out there have Barbetta's factory address?

Nord Stage 88, Roland XP80, Barbetta Amps, and a bunch of stuff gathering dust in the corner.

Archived