Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

SY 77 Factory Disk

I'm missing the factory disk for my Yamaha SY 77. Does anybody have one and if so, could you please send me the files on it? The SY uses DOS-format disks so it should be easy to grab the files from the disk and stuff it either on the Mac or on Windows. The archive format doesn't matter, I think I can unstuff each format.

I would be very very grateful for this. Thank you!

Roland

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roland,

As recently as 2 months ago I sold my SY77, but I still have the factory discs with the factory presets and a few demo sequences. I can't gaurantee how well they'll work since it's been years since I've used them, but I've kept them in a safe place. You're welcome to have them since I have no use for them. My user name is my email address, so feel free to buzz me. I'll get them to you.

Peace all,

Steve

><>

Steve

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

This is the first time I post in this forum. Hello everybody there.

I have purchased a secondhand Yamaha SY77, but the factory disks were missed. I'm searching a lot on Google, but I only find ebay related auctions. I wouldn't like to spend money in factory disks, because I think they should be included with the synth, not sold appart.

I finally managed to find this topic on this forum, and I think that it's better for keeping this forum clean to bring this topic up again rather than open a new one.

I have contacted Roland Genske, but he sold his SY77 in 2003. I wonder if any of you could send me the files contained in these disks. I would like to make copies of these disks to have them well cared with the synth and use the synth's manual as a tutorial, opening and managing files from the disks.

Please, send me a private message if you could send me these files.

It would be great if any of you could send them in .zip files, one zip for each disk, and zip files named the same than disk's labels. So, I will get closer to the originals.

Many thanks in advance.

Greetings from Bilbao (Spain).

Archived