Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NEXT NAMM SHOW!!!

To those of you who have the opportunity to go to the next NAMM show I would like for you to do me a favor.

Would you please ask around the different booths of pro-audio(?) manufacturers and inquire whether they actually have a product support program.

The ones you don't need to ask (as I have discovered they do not have product support) are Aardvark, Nemesys, and Emagic as they don't bother to answer their e-mails http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/frown.gif

Michael

"I may be a craven little coward, but I'm a greedy craven little coward." Daffy Duck

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Midirat,

I happen to work for Guitar Center . In my opinion the customer support by software companys is POOR ! How are you buying your software ? Internet or walk into a store ? Is there any store support ? Just curios ...Dan O

www.esnips.com/web/SongsfromDanO

Well Dan O I figure it this way...

Product suppport is expensive and their isn't really any way to gauge how successful the support actually is other than through feedback from the user base. Which adds even more expense as the companies then have to delegate the research to yet another person. On top of that, some CEO's insist that every operation of the organization operate as a profit center (this happens much more than you realize...see Harvard Business School!)

These companies also do not know how to allocate resources within budgetary constraints to product support. However they do know how to throw money at advertising, and IMHO product support should indeed fall under the paradigm of advertising, especially in our day when I can rant about something and thousands of people have access to it immediately.

Product support is actually much more important than advertising as I and many other people take into account the personal experiences of our peers (and ours in a very exclusive club) as to whether we will consider purchasing a piece of hardware or a software package. Then also consider the price of the equipment or software you have purchased. Then consider again the problems you may be having and then finally quantify the quality or lack thereof of the company you have dealt your hard earned money. When I put forth several thousand dollars for a piece of equipment, your company damn well better support it and support it with knowledgeable and personable people or you are going to have me right up your ass! (As Aardvark is currently experiencing...although the card wasn't thousands of dollars the point is still the same!)

Personally I have absolutely NO TOLERANCE for this kind of customer relations. I have been involved in customer support and QA all my working life and will accept no excuses for anything less than exemplary product support. Our suppliers better get a clue and get one quickly. There are too many innovative people out there wanting our monies and willing to do whatever it takes.

Aarvark is evidently clueless as to why their driver updates don't work.

I am a total loss as to why Emagic can't seem to answer their e-mails.

Nemesys is just plain overwhelmed and understaffed. Which is still inexcusable!

I think it is a conspiracy to do bad things to my Wheaties!!! The agency is out there!!!

Michael http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

This message has been edited by midirat on 07-07-2001 at 12:07 AM

"I may be a craven little coward, but I'm a greedy craven little coward." Daffy Duck

Archived