Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

sequencing the Karma

Bico959

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a coincidence...I had to do this yesterday with Cakewalk 8.

If you take a look at the procedure starting on page 64 of the Basic Guide that came with the Karma, it will tell you how to do this. Essentially you need to lock the Karma sequencer to Cakewalk. You do this by setting Midi Clock to External in Global mode on the Karma. You will need to tell Cakewalk how to send the midi clock though. In version 8, under Project Options, go to the "Midi out" tab. Select the "Transmit Midi Start/Continue/Stop/Clock" and "Use Start, Never Continue" settings and that should work. Under this tab, you will need to set the midi port that your connected to also, so it will know which port to send this Midi Sync

out.

When you set the Karma for Multi Rec (step 4 in the manual), and start recording, the metronome will sound, and if yours is set like mine, it will start a 2 measure countdown. When it gets to the end of the countdown, the metronome will continue sounding but the clock will not advance until you hit play in cakewalk. Then, it should record all the tracks in step with your original sequence in cakewalk. At least that's how it worked for me in version 8. Once the sequence is transferred, you may want to set the Karma back to internal clock in the global mode, or this project will depend on external sync in order to play/record etc...

Anyway, good luck.

SlopHappy

So you are moving your project from cakewalk to the karma sequencer? Is this required to get the Karma to multitrack play? What I am trying to do is essentially use the Karma as an output multitrack systhesizer. I do the input into cakewalk easily, I just need it to play out to the Karma with more than one track operating.

Thanks for your help, BTW.

-bico

There is a very active Karma group at Yahoo that Stephen Kay (KARMA creator) participates in extensively. You can find it here...

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/korgkarma/

Also there is an extensive FAQ that can be found at his website....

http://www.karma-lab.com/

Hope it helps!!!

Michael

"I may be a craven little coward, but I'm a greedy craven little coward." Daffy Duck

Archived