Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Best Location ever for a keyboard

mwisniewski

What's the best physical location you ever experienced for a keyboard/piano?

My friend owned a beach house on a tropical island in the Philippines. They built a small getaway at the top of of heavily vegetated hill/mountain in the middle of the island (think like a bad guy's tropical island in a james bond movie, that's what the island looked like)

The getaway had a beautiful terrace right on the top of the hill/mountain and it had french doors on all sides, so if you opened all the doors you got a 360 degree view of the surrounding ocean and island.

And right in the middle was a baby grand. It was an old one but it didn't go too far out of tune and damn if it wasn't just great to play up there after a fun day of sun, sea, and sand. Playing that thing at sunset was something else.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have some friends who live in Montreal. Their house faces the lawrence river. It's a 3 story house, but the center of the house is open, so from the bottom floor you have a 3 story cathedral ceiling. They have a grand piano right in the middle of this space. Along the side of the house where you have this open space it's all windows, looking out at the river (which looks more like a lake from this point of view)

I don't know if they actually planned this way, but the acoustics are amazing, and so is the view. What a pleasure to play that piano (which is very well maintained too)

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Archived