Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Questions

magicmonkey

I'm new to the keyboarding world, and I have a couple of questions:

1. I have trouble finding modern music for the keyboard. I know that music databases must exist, but I just can't find them. I'd prefer sheet music, but I guess midi files would be okay. Can anybody help me here?

2. Although I'm not to this level yet, I would like to get into stage performing in the future, possibly in band, and I wonder what equipment I would need?

Thanks in advance,

Nate

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give us an idea of the style of music you like.. 'modern music' means different things to different people. See the recent thread I think it was called 'where can I find sheet music' or something like that. It should be in the 1st 3 pages of the forum.

As far as equipment, what do you have already, and what's your budget? Typically for playing live the minimum you need is a good, all purpose synthesizer, if you're covering different styles. Again, if you give us an idea of the style we can point to specific models. You will also need an amp depending on what equipment the place will have already. I believe this is the bare minimum.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Sorry about that...by modern I mean basically mean rock. Essentially what I'm looking for is a big database on the web...preferably free http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

I have a pretty low budget because I am high school student without a real job.

Thanks for your insight,

Nate

Most music stores have a sheet music section. You can find titles like Pop Hits For Easy Piano. Try your local music store and see what you come up with. If you need something more specific, try searching the web sites on publishers like Hal Leonard. If I'm not answering your question correctly, please post back with a more detailed message.

I'll try my local music stores. Unfortunately I live in a pretty residential area, so I don't have much selection. Are there any stores on the web you know of?

Thanks,

Nate

ps - I was more interested in free music databases on the web, but I'll take whatever I can get.

Archived