Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The new rig continues to grow...

joegerardi

Woo Hooo!

I have been trying to rebuild my rig for the last 10 months or so. I had a Yamaha KX76 and Alesis QSR to start out with. I was looking for a second KX76, but have not been able to find one that hasn't been obscenely overpriced, except for the one that I found in April, bought, and UPS destroyed in shipment. In the interim, I found an Oberheim DPX-1, and Dave was kind enough to send me that NanoSynth.

Anyway, I figured that I better go a different route. I had found a GeneralMusic S2 for a really cheap price, but missed out on it by 10 minutes. (DAMN JOB! It keeps getting in the way of my leisure time.)

So, I just won an Alesis QS7, via eBay. I'll sell off the QSR, and come out about the same as if I had just bought the controller.

Almost there. All that's left is a Fatar Studio 90 or 900, K2000r, a Vintage Keys, and a MIDI patch bay, and I think I'm done.

Or, at least I thought I was. Now I gotta amplify all this stuff...

This message has been edited by joegerardi on 06-26-2001 at 03:57 PM

Setup: Korg Kronos 61, Roland XV-88, Korg Triton-Rack, Motif-Rack, Korg N1r, Alesis QSR, Roland M-GS64 Yamaha KX-88, KX76, Roland Super-JX, E-Mu Longboard 61, Kawai K1II, Kawai K4.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats on the new gear http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

If you still haven't sold the qsr, drop me a note. I may be interested.

Rod

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Psst, Joe: DON'T get the Fatar Studio 90. It's an instrument from a much older period, and the "weighted" keys feel just horrible. In general, avoid weighted Fatars with only two numbers in their name (Studio 88, Studio 90), even if it's the "plus" version.

On the other hand, all weighted Fatars named with three or more numbers (Studio 880, 900, 2001, 1176, etc.) have very good weighting, the same you find on a lot of weighted keyboard these days. Also, they make the Studio 760, which has 76 "semi-weighted" keys.

Hope this makes sense

marino

Marino:

Thanks for the tip. It's a 900 for me then.

Setup: Korg Kronos 61, Roland XV-88, Korg Triton-Rack, Motif-Rack, Korg N1r, Alesis QSR, Roland M-GS64 Yamaha KX-88, KX76, Roland Super-JX, E-Mu Longboard 61, Kawai K1II, Kawai K4.

• 2 weeks later...

Rod:

Send me your e-mail address.

..Joe

Archived