Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Midi Sequencing...

thejd

Hi,

I have a few questions reguarding sequencing... What kind of sequencing software do you use, and what midi interfaces do you use along with it? I'm trying to decide on which software and which interface to purchase. I currently have two keys, possibly a third very soon (Roland XV-88, and Korg Karma). I'm using the XV as the master and I want the midi signal to echo to the Karma and to the sequencer, but also be able to play on the Karma and record into the sequencer. I'm looking to spend under 200 for the interface, and under 200 for the software, but I'm flexible. I don't need the audio recording though. I have a Intel 633 with 96 MB of RAM, but I can get more RAM if need be. I'm currently leaning toward the Emagic MT4 and Cakewald's HomeStudio. Is this a good/compatible setup? Any or all ideas, inputs and suggestions are much appreciated. Thanx a lot in advance.

JD

Oh yeah... what the heck is MIDI controller remapping and midi filtering and midi merging, and midi rechanneling? Does this effect how I could/want to setup my master/slave circuits via midi?

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived