Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Go Sixers!!!!!

Dave Bryce

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mutombo was benched because he was in foul trouble. Don't you guys pay attention to what's actually happening on the court?

Mutombo isn't as flashy and aggressive as Shaq, but he's more mobile and more effective on defence, which is the whole point of him being in the game. This bullsh*t about "no one can go the distance with Shaq" is Shaq's own PR. Mutombo has Shaq out-classed in all areas except scoring.

Kobe is plastic, he melts in Iverson's heat, and just looks like a spoiled trash-talking chump next to Iverson. Prediction: Bryant will not get a leg up on Iverson at ANY point in this series.

This isn't me being loyal to my homeys. If I thought the Sixers couldn't beat LA, I would come right out and say it, because I'm a composer and an artist and in the end I couldn't really give a flyin" f*ck about professional sports. But I watched that game closely, and sober, last night, and I seriously believe that the Sixers are going to take this series. If we win on Friday night, it'a going to be a sweep. If we lose Friday, it's going to be Philly in 5. The Lakers are simply not prepared to compete with the way Philly is playing right now. The Lakers started believing their own hype, but if you ever spend some time in this town, you'll notice that Philly doesn't play that sh*t. The glitz goes over in Tinseltown, and some of y'all are obviously brainwashed by that mentality being out there as part of the system. But hype doesn't work against guys like AI, Dikembe, Matt Geiger, Eric Snow...these guys are fighters who don't care what's in your f*cking presskit. The Lakers are simply a reflection of their hometown and American popular culture these days: hype. Remember what PE said: "Don't Believe The Hype."

I'm hoping to make it to one of the games here in Philly. First Union Center is going to sound like a thunderstorm in a reverb chamber - nothing like the polite applause at Staples. The last time LA played in Philly, they got blown out, Iverson ripped Bryant a new one, it wasn't during the playoffs, and it was pre-Mutombo. The Lakers will not live through three games in that house with our crowd. You have to attend a Philly sports event at home to get any idea of what it's like, peeps are just absolutely crazy. A friend of mine was out on Broad Street last night after the game, and he said it was like being in London after a big soccer match. And it was just the first game of the series!

curvedominant...Live from Illadelphia

Eric Vincent (ASCAP)

www.curvedominant.com

If we win on Friday night, it'a going to be a sweep. If we lose Friday, it's going to be Philly in 5.

Tell it, my brother...

First Union Center is going to sound like a thunderstorm in a reverb chamber - nothing like the polite applause at Staples. The last time LA played in Philly, they got blown out, Iverson ripped Bryant a new one, it wasn't during the playoffs, and it was pre-Mutombo. The Lakers will not live through three games in that house with our crowd. You have to attend a Philly sports event at home to get any idea of what it's like, peeps are just absolutely crazy. A friend of mine was out on Broad Street last night after the game, and he said it was like being in London after a big soccer match. And it was just the first game of the series!

I don't think that I could've said that any better if I had tried...it's why I'm laughing at you "Lakers in 5" guys - you just don't have a clue what's waiting in Philly, or you wouldn't even dream of thinking about the Lakers taking three straight there - I'll be surprised if they can win one there. We're gonna feel the house rock back here in LA, gentlemen... j

...and even the powers that be won't be able help y'all if the Sixers win Game 2.

I can't wait...I love championship hoop... http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gifhttp://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gifhttp://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gifhttp://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gifhttp://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Originally posted by dansouth@yahoo.com:

BTW: Mutumbo suffers from Tourrett's Syndrome (spelling??), which affects his speech. Give the man a break.

Hey, I'm not picking on him, it's to his advantage to sound like that - like a 7'2" Terminator standing in the lane from the Congo (which is to what I attribute his accent).

------------------

New and Improved Music Soon: http://www.mp3.com/chipmcdonald

Guitar Lessons in Augusta Georgia: www.chipmcdonald.com

Eccentric blog: https://chipmcdonaldblog.blogspot.com/

/ "big ass windbag" - Bruce Swedien

Did you guys see the picture of Kobe and Dikembe going for a rebound above the rim on CNN/SI's web page? One of the best "This is what it's about" images I've seen.... The funny thing is that the caption said "Kobe Bryant and Dikembe Mutumbo fight for a rebound under the hoop" when the ball and their hands were *above* the hoop....

Originally posted by MusicMan:

I think Bill Walton is a moron.

At this point I would like to add I find it highly annoying someone that actually played in the NBA can be so off base while simultaneously criticizing everyone as if he could have handled the same people *when he was still in the NBA*.

Not only that - but he was a complete ass for saying things when MJ came out of retirement like "Jordan shouldn't come back, he doesn't have a chance", and then once Jordan came back at every opportunity saying things like "Ahhh, Jordan should hang it up, that's so pathetic" whenever he got the chance - then Jordan goes on to play better than he ever had before. To be fair, though, most of the idiot commentators were saying that crap about Jordan and THEY WERE ALL COMPLETELY WRONG.

What a moron. He's almost funny how far off he is sometimes. Makes one realize that despite how good these guys are, there really *is* a need for a coach in some cases, apparently. I'd like to see Kevin Johnson play him on tv one night and run circles around him...

I wish they'd bring Magic back as a commentator, that was fun. For that matter, Barkely is entertaining in that role.

The Answer is going to be wrong in Game 2...

------------------

New and Improved Music Soon: http://www.mp3.com/chipmcdonald

Guitar Lessons in Augusta Georgia: www.chipmcdonald.com

Eccentric blog: https://chipmcdonaldblog.blogspot.com/

/ "big ass windbag" - Bruce Swedien

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

...you just don't have a clue what's waiting in Philly, or you wouldn't even dream of thinking about the Lakers taking three straight there - I'll be surprised if they can win one there.

Yeah, That's what they say in Portland, Sacramento, and San Antonio. Philly had the best game of their season last night. But keep rooting your team on, I'm sure you guys sincerely believe you're gonna win the title. Just don't crash and burn too hard when it doesn't happen for ya. The Sixers made a nice try.

Originally posted by steadyb:

Yeah, That's what they say in Portland, Sacramento, and San Antonio

Oh yes...the Western Conference. Tough bunch o' fellers...pretty much all laid down and died, didn't they?

http://cwm.ragesofsanity.com/otn/violent/ketten.gif

dB

>>Okay, but which team has the best keyboard players?

That would be the Admiral, Mr. Robinson, on the Spurs, a mildly competent classical player. The best musician the NBA ever produced would probably be Waymon Tisdale, who had a career as a "smooth jazz" bassist and producer concurrent with his fair to midling basketball career (from what I've heard, he's a fair to midling fusion player as well, but that's pretty good for a bball pro...)

Then there's that former Cincinati Bengals lineman (name escapes me, Dave something) who now writes the scores for hit musicals. And of course, my man, Bernie Williams of the yankees who is, or was, a very respectable classical guitarist. They have some commercials with him playing some lame ass shit on an electric guitar, but that's misleading. There was a spot on Sports Center a few years ago with Bernie and his classical guitar, and, well, let's just say *I* couldn't do what he was doing. I read that as a very young boy he was told that he had prodigious talent at baseball and at guitar, and that he would he would have to choose between them. (Aside: I think that's a terrible thing to tell a nine year old). He chose, um, baseball...

Magpel

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

>>Oh yes...the Western Conference. Tough bunch o' fellers...pretty much all laid down and died, didn't they?

Sacremento played 'em tough at the Staples Center, but those losses just took the life out of them, and they were an embarassment in games three and four. Portland is just an embarrassment, period (never recovered from the 4th quarter of game seven last year). And the Spurs, they just didn't have the quickness to stay on the floor with the Lakers I think the Sixers do. And I think Kobe was spoiled by having Antonio Daniels covering him against the Spurs--pure matador defense. It's a different story with Mr. Mckie.

Magpel

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Originally posted by Curve Dominant:

Mutombo was benched because he was in foul trouble. Don't you guys pay attention to what's actually happening on the court?

Mutombo isn't as flashy and aggressive as Shaq, but he's more mobile and more effective on defence, which is the whole point of him being in the game. This bullsh*t about "no one can go the distance with Shaq" is Shaq's own PR. Mutombo has Shaq out-classed in all areas except scoring.

Kobe is plastic, he melts in Iverson's heat, and just looks like a spoiled trash-talking chump next to Iverson. Prediction: Bryant will not get a leg up on Iverson at ANY point in this series.

This isn't me being loyal to my homeys. If I thought the Sixers couldn't beat LA, I would come right out and say it, because I'm a composer and an artist and in the end I couldn't really give a flyin" f*ck about professional sports. But I watched that game closely, and sober, last night, and I seriously believe that the Sixers are going to take this series. If we win on Friday night, it'a going to be a sweep. If we lose Friday, it's going to be Philly in 5. The Lakers are simply not prepared to compete with the way Philly is playing right now. The Lakers started believing their own hype, but if you ever spend some time in this town, you'll notice that Philly doesn't play that sh*t. The glitz goes over in Tinseltown, and some of y'all are obviously brainwashed by that mentality being out there as part of the system. But hype doesn't work against guys like AI, Dikembe, Matt Geiger, Eric Snow...these guys are fighters who don't care what's in your f*cking presskit. The Lakers are simply a reflection of their hometown and American popular culture these days: hype. Remember what PE said: "Don't Believe The Hype."

I'm hoping to make it to one of the games here in Philly. First Union Center is going to sound like a thunderstorm in a reverb chamber - nothing like the polite applause at Staples. The last time LA played in Philly, they got blown out, Iverson ripped Bryant a new one, it wasn't during the playoffs, and it was pre-Mutombo. The Lakers will not live through three games in that house with our crowd. You have to attend a Philly sports event at home to get any idea of what it's like, peeps are just absolutely crazy. A friend of mine was out on Broad Street last night after the game, and he said it was like being in London after a big soccer match. And it was just the first game of the series!

curvedominant...Live from Illadelphia

Yeah, what Curve just said http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif!!!!

Yamaha (Motif XS7, Motif 6, TX81Z), Korg (R3, Triton-R), Roland (XP-30, D-50, Juno 6, P-330). Novation A Station, Arturia Analog Experience Factory 32

I don't care for Walton, either. He and (NFL announcer) Paul MacGuire. They're totally annoying! They should get out of the booth and do commercials for used car dealerships. Who's the chump that decided that these bozos should work the big games?

I certainly didn't predict a blow out!

It is very unlikely that Philly can win all three games at home, and if they have to go back to L.A., that will make it that much more difficult.

Especially if the leagues MVP can't even make 4 freethrows.

I don't care how enthusiastic the Philly fans are at home, Philly just doesn't have the finals experience that L.A. does, and that, ultimately, IMO will be their undoing.

That 2nd string center for Philly, that they had in there at the same time as Mutumbo was a lot of fun to watch. Iverson is always fun to watch.

Philly has a lot of heart, but not enough muscle and finesse to beat the Lakers 3 more times IMO.

Well, like Dave, I'm a transplant to L.A. who still roots for my old home team. Since the Suns were also rans this year, I was just looking for an exciting series. Looks like I'm getting my wish!

BTW, I got to attend The Greatest Game Ever Played twenty-five years ago when the Celtics beat the Suns in triple-overtime in Phoenix during the 1976 NBA Finals. It was a present for my graduation from high school. Too bad it didnt go the way I wanted it to, but it gave me some cool bragging rights...kind of like when I saw Peter Gabriels last tour with Genesis, "The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway" the year before. Eat your heart out! http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/wink.gif

Oh yeah, Ive got to add this: Phoenix doesnt make the finals often, but they usually provide excitement when they do. They had another triple-overtime game in the 1993 finals against the Bulls. Okay, enough about the Suns...

This message has been edited by soapbox on 06-09-2001 at 12:40 AM

Enthusiasm powers the world.

Craig Anderton's Archiving Article

Sorry Dave, I know you are rooting for Philly, and want to see them win, but this quote is just plain silly.

Lakers are lucky to not be 0-2...

As if L.A. didn't earn that win.

Philly definitely earned their win on Wednesday, so should I say that Philly was lucky they weren't 0-1?

L.A. got beat on Wednesday, and Philly got beat tonight. period.

L.A. got beat on Wednesday, and Philly got beat tonight. period.

Disagree.

I kind of expected the Lakers to waste the Sixers tonight. I think the Sixers held way tough with them, and if a few shots had gone the other way, the Sixers would have won.

I think LA needed an overpowering win to take them into Philly pumped up. I don't think they got it. The house wasn't fully rocking at the end of that game, because the LA fans knew that they could just have easily lost that game. They wanted blood, and they didn't get it. They got a win, but I think they needed more.

Philly definitely earned their win on Wednesday, so should I say that Philly was lucky they weren't 0-1?

Not the same thing...not a fair comparison.

Regarding Game 1, the Sixers came in against an undefeated team into their home court, after having been in three series that went all the way. They have a bunch of injuries, and they''re missing George Lynch. Almost everyone was predicting a sweep. That they won was exceptional. Regarding tonight, the Sixers hung right in there with a team that was...let's face it...in a must win scenario, and were still at home.

Yes, the Lakers played very well tonight. So did the Sixers. It's been two great games, and a great series so far. I'm way happy...

dB

Just got the latest weather report from HELL... cool temeratures on Wed. but on Friday no signs of freezing over...

Curvy D you already said you're happy you got one, and you should be.

I will say this, the Sixers are much better then I thought before this series, but the Lakers will take as least 2 of 3 in the land of cream cheese.

Iverson's starting to lose his cool. He's unraveling. He has maybe one good game left and 3 or 4 more where he shoots under 40%. And, the Lakers didn't even play that great tonight.

This message has been edited by steadyb on 06-09-2001 at 01:22 AM

Originally posted by steadyb:

I will say this, the Sixers are much better then I thought before this series, but the Lakers will take as least 2 of 3 in the land of cream cheese.

2 of 3? Say - what happened to Lakers in 5? Rethinking that now? http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/wink.gif

I believe that he Lakers may win one game in Philly...I am beginning to suspect that this series is going to 7, boys.

I just hope that the rest of the games are as excellent and as well fought as the first two...

dB

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

2 of 3? Say - what happened to Lakers in 5? Rethinking that now?

Like I said, I am impressed with the Sixers. They're much better than I thought, coming into the finals. I say 2 of 3, because Philly might steal game 4, but if the Lakers take 3 and 4, they'll take 5 too. It is a great series though.

Archived