Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Professional Recording/musicians/engineers/equipment for a fraction of the cost.

raul

Even though there are a lot of low-cost high-quality equipment on the market, that is only a fraction of what is needed to get a commercial quality finished product. Professional equipment, musicians, engineers and space make all part of the equation. You may have as little as one of the above or (lucky you) all but one. The truth is that having access to all of them gives you an edge most others do not have.

For example, imagine that instead of having those midi drum tracks it took you for ever to program, you could have real drums in your songs played by professional musicians, engineers with more than 20 years in the business, in a professional recording space with 12 microphones and manley, Avalon and dbx preamps, compressors, eqs and apogee converters directly into Pro Tools or ADATs.

Imagine your string parts played by a professional string orchestra recorded with the highest standards.

All for a fraction of what you would expect to pay.

This would be done by sending a standard midi file of your music with detailed instructions on how you want them performed. Then you could receive your recorded material in cd/cd-rom, adat or dat.

Well, you can. The only question is how much would you be willing to pay for this.

So let me know how many of you would actually use this method and how much would you be willing to spend. If the numbers are right, I have a way to make it happen.

P.S.: Congratulations for this first forum.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you talking about overseas (i.e. not in the USA) studios and musicians?

I'm happy with my setup - even though it DOES take me forever to program drums. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif But if I ever needed to record a full orchestra, I would look into something like this.

Originally posted by dansouth@yahoo.com:

Are you talking about overseas (i.e. not in the USA) studios and musicians?

I'm happy with my setup - even though it DOES take me forever to program drums. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif But if I ever needed to record a full orchestra, I would look into something like this.

Yes Dan, I am talking overseas studios and musicians (Colombia). The recordings and performance would be done by first rate musicians and engineers using state of the art equipment. You would be surprised by how little money you would have to pay for it compared to US prices. For specific information, please e-mail me and I´ll give you a precise idea of what kind of money I´m talking about.

------------------

I have a link somewhere in my vast Fabvorites menu to a guy who does this out of Australia. Quite a good drummer. I think it's fabulous idea. I don't currently have any use for it, but I'm keeping it in mind.

It's possible that the whole thing can be even simpler, nowadays, provided that people have good net connections: using either Rocket Networks and Logic audio, or the new Tonos TC8 people should be able to join together in real time, instead of just tracking to SMF's.

Archived