Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

You know, what I'm really ticked off about is....

... After growing up during the Cold War, and thinking that any day maybe the Soviets were going to pop one off, or the Gipper might get an itchy finger; or maybe a radar glitch, accidental airspace intrusion, we managed to get past all of that. The thing that sucks right now is that effectively it's the same thing all over again. Just read about the crop duster bio/chem warfare scheme apparently that was going on. Studios in Hollywood apparently have been threatened according to the front page of EQ's site. Miscellaneous other plots. Whereas one could once brush stuff like that off, now you can't. Who knows what we're missing. So once again, it's Life Pot Luck Time at the hands of others. Even though the missile threat never really went away, at least we had a few years there. Now it's back to the little nagging entrenched thought in the back of the mind: "you never know". Which was the case existentially anyhow - but being a target and pawn simultaneously adds to the effect. Unfortunately that's the winning aim of a terrorist, I suppose. But still - it's there, and it sucks. "La la la la la la it's just a normal day la la la la". Makes me just want to make gloomy music. Frick. ------------------ [b]New and Improved Music Soon:[/b] http://www.mp3.com/chipmcdonald

Guitar Lessons in Augusta Georgia: www.chipmcdonald.com

Eccentric blog: https://chipmcdonaldblog.blogspot.com/

/ "big ass windbag" - Bruce Swedien

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey, Chip... When you get your gloomy music done, make sure you post a sample. What was that bar scene from one of the Naked Gun movies...where Leslie Nielsen is in that bar, and the lady is singing some jazzy mournful melody of love gone wrong, and everyone in the bar is committing suicide? Gloomy music has its place...sometimes even as comic relief. Sometimes not. Geez, I just reminded myself, even the most horrifying movies have some comic relief. Has anyone heard any stories that would qualify? Now, before anyone starts getting defensive and flaming me...I'm not any happier than anyone else. But, humor does have its place, and it can arrive in even the darkest of circumstances, and sometimes it keeps us going. Know what I mean, Vern?
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Archived