Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Andromeda (just got mine) Question

Can you turn the "quantize" off when playing arpeggios or sequences synced to the master clock?

This is for a live situation, with a drum machine sending clock to the A6, and the A6's master clock set to MIDI.

When I want to play an arpeggio or sequence in time with the drum machine, I have no control over the "downbeat" of the A6's clock. And unless I get lucky, that usually means my arps/sequences are off the beat (playing at the corect tempo, mind you, but not right in the pocket).

What I want is to start the arp/sequence right as I hit that first key, not where the A6 thinks the next 16th note (or whatever the subdivision) is.

I can't figure out a way to do this from the manual. I tried hitting the "start/stop" button right on the beat. I even tried sending a MIDI "start" command from my drum machine. None of this reset the A6 clock's "downbeat". This is making the arpeggiator and sequencer pretty much useless in my situation.

I have a littany of other questions and suggestions that I'll take up directly with Alesis, but this is a pressing concern, and I know there are a few A6 testers here.

None of this should take away from the fact that this thing sounds just inrcredible. An instant classic.

Thanks for any help

- Chris

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris -

There's already an Andromeda mailing list. You'll find all of the info you need there.

Email owner-a6@code404.com for more info.

Congratulations on yer new toy - didja geta blue one or a red one?

Hope to see you on the list

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Hi Dave,

Blue. I like the blue.

My email to owner-a6@code404.com bounced, by the way.

And by way of introduction, I've been socring TV and film for a while here (LA, of course) but recently rediscovered my childhood dream of becoming a rock star.

Thanks for the help

- Chris Beck

Blue. I like the blue.

Yep - I prefer the blue one as well. So did most people - that'd be why the red ones are limited edition. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/wink.gif

My email to owner-a6@code404.com bounced, by the way.

Hmmm...lemme investigate.

If you're in a hurry, you could just send a blind request to the list:

a6@code404.com

I'll be back with the correct info...

dB

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Chris -

There's already an Andromeda mailing list. You'll find all of the info you need there.

Email owner-a6@code404.com for more info.

Congratulations on yer new toy - didja geta blue one or a red one?

Hope to see you on the list

dB

What, does this mean no one's allowed to discuss the Andromeda publicly on this forum?

Originally posted by guestuser@guestuser.com:

What, does this mean no one's allowed to discuss the Andromeda publicly on this forum?

Quite the contrary...pretty much anything is fair game on this forum.

I didn't know the exact answer to his question, and I think that it's a pretty safe assumption that the question was deep enough and the synth new enough that next to no one on this forum would know it either, so I sent him someplace that I was relatively certain would provide him with the info that he needed.

Andromeda is a major favorite subject of mine - after all, I am one of her daddies. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

dB

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Andromeda is a major favorite subject of mine - after all, I am one of her daddies. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

Yep! My ears are STILL bleeding from the NAMM 2000 demo......thanks Bryce!

http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/eek.gif

-Marshall (A6 #097)

Originally posted by Marzzz:

Yep! My ears are STILL bleeding from the NAMM 2000 demo......thanks Bryce!

http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/eek.gif

-Marshall (A6 #097)

Hey Dave:

Where I can I go to hear this demo. For that matter where is your work? Gotta URL...?

I am one of those guys who hasn't had the privelege yet.

Cheers,

Jerry

Originally posted by Tusker:

Where I can I go to hear this demo.

This demo occured last year at NAMM 2000 in LA, at the Alesis booth. dB in a small room with huge PA system and one A6 prototype. Dave got a bit carried away with the filter sweeps.....I was saving up to buy a Waldorf Q up until that moment.

-Marshall

This message has been edited by Marzzz on 02-14-2001 at 08:16 PM

btw- I didn't mean to put a "thumbs down" at the head of this post.....it was defintiely thumbs up!

This message has been edited by Marzzz on 02-14-2001 at 08:18 PM

Originally posted by Tusker:

For that matter where is your work? Gotta URL...?

Not yet.

I ripped some MP3 files of the stuff that I've been doing recently so I could email them to some people, but I don't really know much about posting them anywhere, nor (he said somewhat sheepishly) do I know how to go about doing that. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif I've never really given much thought to having my own web page, nor am I much of an MP3 guy (I've never used Napster, MP3.com, etc) and so I am remarkably uninformed on the subject...

If someone wants to give me a suggestion on the best method and/or place to do that, I'd be delighted to post some stuff. Perhaps we can even get a thread going on this forum where we all post our opinions on each other's stuff - Dr. Anderton has a thread like that on his forum, and it's wildly popular - last time I looked, it was 9 pages long.

What do y'all think?

dB

Dave, if you want you can use my website to store your MP3's. I already made some myself, no songs, but just some soundscapes.

For the sake of our beloved Andy, I will make those pages in English. I'll use the spell check of this forum... http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/wink.gif

Just mail me the MP3.

Pim.

------------------

-- Pim --

www.dancewave.nl

:keys: My Music:thx: I always wondered what happened after the fade out?

Archived