Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Where to get BLANK Qcards for Alesis and small question...

testyza

I can't find them on the net...any help appreciated.

These let you use your OWN custom sounds.

These are RAM right?

So I could use on for a while, figure out I don't like something, remove it, add a new one...

Thanks

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't find them on the net...any help appreciated.

Contact Alesis tech support - they will help you. (800) 5-ALESIS.

The last time that I looked, you could also buy the blank cards directly from Alesis. These are pretty ancient, technologically speaking though, so they are probably going to get harder to find, and more expensive as well...

These are RAM right?

YOu can use SRAM cards if you want, but I don't recommend it - they're too expensive. The ones that you should use are flash memory, and you cannot write to them without the use of a computer and the SoundBridge program that comes with Alesis QS synths.

So I could use on for a while, figure out I don't like something, remove it, add a new one...

That is sort of correct. The flash cards can be written to more times than you will ever want to do so; however, you cannot partition them. In other words, every time that you want to write something to it, you must re-write the entire memory.

This is not as complicated as it sounds. When you want to burn a card, you will need to compile a project in the computer, then burn that project to the card. AFter it's burned, you save the project file on your computer. When you want to change what's on the card, you will need to re-open the project, make any edits that you want to make, and then reburn the card. Reburning takes anywhere from a minute to an hour depending on the amount of data being written, the speed of the card, and the transfer rate at which you are running SoundBridge.

There have been articles in Keyboard and Electronic Musician (the EM one was just last year) about how to use Sound Bridge; plus, Alesis sells an instructional video on SoundBridge as well.

Hope that helps,

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Archived