Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

logic platinum

genellroom33.com

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't seen or heard of any "thorough" books on Logic. IMO, the manual is plenty detailed and comprehensive for me. Perhaps not to get to know Logic "fast", but certainly to know the program in detail.

Rev E

Rev E,

You must be kinding, that manual was no help at all. Sweetwater offers a CD tutorial which is awesome. You load up logic than the tutorial, the tutorial is made by another company but its actually simulation program for logic and basically walks you thru the important stuff that you need to know to get up and running. You learning by actually doing it. Operates like you had synth and audio signals connected to your sound card, but its all simulated.

On the contrary, I find the Logic manual to be very well organized. It IS, after all, a reference manual, not a textbook. Logic comes bundled with a number of tutorials on CD-ROM - an Environment tutorial, a Score tutorial, etc. These were very helpful in getting me ramped up in the beginning. - I still refer to the Score tutorial from time to time.

Logic is so full of features that no manual could ever cover all of its possibilities. The tutorials will get you started, but you have to do some exploring and experimentation to really get to KNOW the program. Maybe we should start a Logic Tips and Tricks thread on this board. I'm sure that we would all profit from sharing ideas and experiences.

Archived