Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Roland SRX expansion Boards !!!!

Keyman

Roland has new information about these boards at their UK site: http://roland.co.uk/namm/htm

SRX-03: Contemporary & SRX-04: Super Strings.

=============================================

Ha! Another Roland's money maker! Old sounds with New Technology! Let me guess.. the SRX-03 will be equivalent of the Pop boards and the SRX-04 will be consist of the string sounds from the Orch 1 & 2 boards, plus the hell they will even throw in some samples from their own CD ROM ! Add some spices such as new FX; stereo waves; a little twisting in the filters and the EG's and here you go ... Tada !! A new easy money maker and environment friendly - Recycling from the Old !!!

And then more SRX boards will come out over time, Roland will certaintly ditch the 5080 with their new flagship module (XV_6080?) which has 8 SRX slots! 16 insert EFX! 256 MB of RAM! 256 polyphonics blah blah blah... Just like the good ol' JV-1080 --> 2080 scheme. Roland, I must admit that you are GOOD ! I mean real GOOD!!!!! http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gifhttp://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif:P

------------

Hooked on Keys...

This message has been edited by Keyman on 01-31-2001 at 04:07 PM

Hooked on Keys...

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
strange.. they're only on the Roland UK site, not the U.S. one. Maybe us Americans don't care about little things like expansion boards when there are new synthesizers and guitar amps around... or maybe they're thinking they'll junk the incredibly slow Flash site (I wish).

Originally posted by Keyman:

Ha! Another Roland's money maker! Old sounds with New Technology!

Well, maybe........but the SRX-01 (drums) board are entirely new samples, and sound fantastic. The SRX-02 (piano) board is a 64 meg sample of a Fazioli grand, which is very good but has some flaws (I am working on tweaking them out) but is easily the best "module" piano sample available (though I am still looking into GigaSampler).

-Marshall

Ok.. They are gone now(?).. Somebody over the Roland U.K must jumped the gun. Oh well, at least I already know what are the next wave of the SRX boards. Just want to wish to whoever spilled the beans over there is not getting into trouble. I'm out.
Hooked on Keys...

Originally posted by Steve44:

Marshall - just in case you haven't seen it yet, there's a cool piano comparison from a guy who posts here sometimes, with a great demo of all the available Giga ones and the SRX.

Yes, thanks- I checked it out, very useful! I agree with his opinion that the GigaSampler Steinway B was the best, but the SRX-02 sounded very good for an expansion board, even up against the Gigasamples.

-Marshall

Archived