Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Where's the best place to buy keyboard cases?

ernovonl.com

Is there an internet order site or something of the sort, or do you have to go through a music store. (We just tried that, but way too many things went wrong for me to really want to try it again...)

I have a Peavey DPM c8X but as far as I know, peavey doesn't make a case for it...

Thanks.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got my SKB keyboard case from Sam-Ash in Canoga Park (LA), CA. They have these blow-out sales once a month (if you get on their mailing list, they send you a postcard) and they do *ridiculous* prices on those things. I belive I got my 5817W (slimline 88 key case with wheels) for $270 - Musiciansfriend has it for $389! Those cases are MAPped with unbelievably high margins, margins that are sometimes worse than guitars. So make sure you try to get a good deal.. and Sam Ash is a good place to try. I'm not sure if the C8X can fit in the slimline case, though, like the PC88 does.

In case you've thought otherwise, get a case with wheels. The case alone for an 88 can weigh between 25-50 pounds. Wheels are so wonderful. Also be aware that even with an ATA case you're going to have to pay an extra $50 (at least) each way on an airline, since it'll be heavier and longer than their limits.

There are two other types of cases around: there's the Discount Distributers wooden cases which come with a wide range of levels and have optional wheels and even a luggage style handle. Their prices are reasonable until you add all the options. The C8 is unfortunately not listed there, but you could email them. Here they are: http://www.discount-distributors.com/keyboardcases.htm

The other is fairly new as of last summer's NAMM and can hold a stand as well as the keyboard. I can't find their name for the life of me. Maybe I'll check back in a week or so if I find it.

Hope that helps...

This message has been edited by steve44@visto.com on 01-31-2001 at 01:45 AM

I built mine for less than $50.00. for my K urz 2500x. that's for the hardware and all .[corners handels locks etc.] if anyone wants more detail let me know .It's cheaper than what you'll pay at the store's

Archived