Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Okay, dB: Super Bowl Challenge

Jeff Klopmeyer

Living in a city that has no professional (American) football teams, I could care less about who wins the game this weekend. But knowing that Dave Bryce is a huge football fan, to make matters exciting, I hereby extend a challenge that the Giants will win the Super Bowl over the Ravens.

And, Dave, I am willing to put up $5...yes, five whole U.S. dollars...of my hard-earned salary if you care to take me up on my challenge.

No points, no conditions. No whining that the Raiders shoulda been there. Five buckeroos, baby. That's worth a pack of Marlboros for me, or a cheesesteak (or something) for you. Come on, I'm the guy that picked the Eagles in last year's suicide pool. You in?

- Jeff ;-)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Jeff, TASCAM Guy:

I hereby extend a challenge that the Giants will win the Super Bowl over the Ravens.

And, Dave, I am willing to put up $5...yes, five whole U.S. dollars...of my hard-earned salary if you care to take me up on my challenge. No points, no conditions.

(snip)

You in?

Oh, most certainly.

The Ravens are a much tougher team, IMO. They went through three pretty formidable teams frighteningly easily: the Broncos, then the Titans at home (who I thought were the team to beat this year) and then Raiders at home. Their defense is unbelievable, and you know the old adage: you can't win if you don't score.

The Giants blew smoke all week before the NFC Championship about how Armani Toomer could barely walk, and then proceeded to go to the major air attack, mostly to him, and I think they caught the Vikings sleeping.

The Ravens will be ready for them on Sunday.

$5 - you are on, boyeeeeeeeee...

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Originally posted by russreign:

Im a Jet Fan, but Dave c'mon, the Ravens?

Don't misunderstand me, Russ - I don't WANT the Ravens to win - I would certainly prefer a Giants victory. But three teams have underestimated Baltimore so far, and they'll all be sitting at home on Sunday.

After watching both championship games a few weeks back, I just think that Baltimore looks meaner and hungrier. Like I said earlier, I'm a big fan of awesome defense. The Giants D has been playing scary good, too, so I doubt that either team will run up the score much, but I think the Ravens have a bit more momentum.

It's kind of a no-lose Superbowl for me - if the Giants win, I'll be happy because I dig the Giants and my Raiders will be avenged. If the Ravens win, I get Jeff's fiver.

When it comes right down to it, I just wanna see a good game. Most of the playoff games were over before they started this year...

dB

The Ravens are def a great defense... better than the Steel Curtain or the Bears of old I doubt that, but they are good by today's standards... and they do have a felon at linebacker, so the intimidation factor is def there lol...

But, think on this - Great defenses capitalize on offensive mistakes the Giants offense has made VERY FEW of these over the past few games... the Giants are in a groove and LT will have them pumped! Im looking forward to a good game...

Ok I'll stop blabbing before we get too far out of musical context lol

RR

Music Is The Answer!

The Ravens are def a great defense... better than the Steel Curtain or the Bears of old I doubt that, but they are good by today's standards... and they do have a felon at linebacker, so the intimidation factor is def there lol...

Yeah, Mr. Lewis is something else. Don't forget the big fat guy who falls on quarterbacks, either... (grumble grumble)

But, think on this - Great defenses capitalize on offensive mistakes the Giants offense has made VERY FEW of these over the past few games

A good point, to be sure. Same was true of the Raiders, though. And theTitans...great defenses also shut offenses down, and make them make mistakes.

... the Giants are in a groove and LT will have them pumped! Im looking forward to a good game...

Me, too!

Ok I'll stop blabbing before we get too far out of musical context lol

Naaaah - it ain't out of context - the thread is clearly labelled http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

dB

It's kind of a no-lose Superbowl for me - if the Giants win, I'll be happy because I dig the Giants and my Raiders will be avenged. If the Ravens win, I get Jeff's fiver.

[/b]

Yeah, I feel the same. If the Ravens win, I'm proud of their post-season record enough that their victory will be well-deserved. I was shocked and amazed at both the Titans and Raiders losses, but you should never undercredit excellent defense. If the Giants win, I can party like it's 1999 with Dave's five bucks. Whoo-hoo!

My personal score prediction: Giants 17, Ravens 13.

- Jeff

OK, we all agree that the Ravens have a great defense...

but...

As quoted from today's NY Post - "...the Ravens' offense is the worst to ever appear in a Super Bowl..."

do we agree/disagree w/ that statement?

and Jeff, where's my review unit??? lol

Music Is The Answer!

Originally posted by russreign:

As quoted from today's NY Post - "...the Ravens' offense is the worst to ever appear in a Super Bowl..."

do we agree/disagree w/ that statement?

Worse than the Patriots in '85? I dunno...

dB

and Jeff, where's my review unit??? lol[/b]

Damn, just when I thought I'd escape into the happy world of football and other non-audio related things, you burst my bubble, man! D'oh!

I'll get your review CD-302 unit going as soon as the fourth quarter ends on Sunday, Russ. Gotta keep my priorities straight. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

- Jeff

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Worse than the Patriots in '85? I dunno...

dB

Oooh, remember San Francisco vs. Denver the following year? What was the final score of that devastating blowout?

- Jeff

Oooh, remember San Francisco vs. Denver the following year? What was the final score of that devastating blowout?

That would be 55-10, if memory serves - but I don't think that it was the year after the Bears-Pats (SuperBowl XX)...I think that was a few years later - XXV, maybe?

I loved that game.

dB

I hate to break it to you Giants fans, but since whoever I root for always loses (I'm actually a Seahawks fan!!!), I'm afraid the Giants are in trouble. You see, I have a bet with my 6 yr old son, and he picked the Ravens, which leaves me the Giants.

Ravens 21 - Giants 3

steadyb

Sorry to interrupt you, I was just wondering if by chance I landed on the wrong forum...

Let's see, the "Raven", oh yeah, it was a German synth by Quasimidi, so it must be a thread about vintage stuff... And that "Giant", must be slang for the modular Moog or something... now I'm starting to get it... they must be speaking about some ELP or Kraftwerk concert, held in a place called the "Superbowl"... http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

dB-

I'd like in on some of that action !! Since, apparently, I'll be working on the "Smoker's Blues" mix before (and probably after) the SB @ your place... you can just pay me on-site. $5 - Giants.

And you say I never post to your site.

baldini

Originally posted by baldini:

And you say I never post to your site.

Oh, jeez - there goes the neighborhood...

You, too, are on, my bald brother. One brand new big head picture of Mr. Lincoln sez the boys from Jersey succumb to the Purple Crush.

My guess, BTW -

Baltimore 17

NY Giants 13

No more wagers, though - I'd hate to have the forum raided because someone thought I was running a gambling operation here. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

dB

Yeah, I feel the same. If the Ravens win, I'm proud of their post-season record enough that their victory will be well-deserved. I was shocked and amazed at both the Titans and Raiders losses, but you should never undercredit excellent defense.

If the Giants win, I can party like it's 1999 with Dave's five bucks. Whoo-hoo!

My personal score prediction: Giants 17, Ravens 13.

- Jeff

The big shocker was the Giants blowing out the Vikings in the NFC playoff game. I have watched Collins from his Penn State days thru Carolina (and all that bull shit) to New Orleans and now the Giants and have never, ever seen him put on a NFL performance like he did against the Vikings.

It's hard to imagine him doing it twice 2 in a row especially against a team with a defense...the best defense on record http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

Ravens 17, Giants 7...With the under 32 1/2.

Enjoy the game http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Ouch.

Not only did the Giants get thoroughly spanked by (arguably) the best defensive line ever to reach the Super Bowl, but I drank too much beer at the keg party my neighbor hosted. So now it's Monday morning, I'm hungover and I'm out five bucks to Dave.

Did I mention...ouch.

- Jeff

Archived