Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Cubase

Aviey6aol.com

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I checked our index, and by golly, you're right. We've never published a Cubase Hot Tips article. Great suggestion!

Here's my question for you: What area(s) of Cubase would you like help with? It's a huge program; entire books have been published on using it. (Wizoo has a good one, I believe.) So we could easily publish an 8-page article packed with tips and not cover one thing you care about. This is your chance to help design the article.

--Jim Aikin, Senior Editor, Keyboard

Start off with basic tips on how to use the software main functions, and how to use the drum editor, programming odd time signatures,and different styles of music seqenuening, like R&B, Industrial, stuff like that. Its a good start for a short series.

Originally posted by Jim Aikin:

We've never published a Cubase Hot Tips article(...) This is your chance to help design the article.

Hi, this is my first post in this forum, and I have to say I'm stunned by the good vibe in here. so I try to contribute.

According to the cubase forum on cubase.net a common question seems to be how to set things up. I think an explanation of buffers, prerolls, midi to audio offset... would be a good starter. Moreover one of many faq's is how to sync audio, recorded without click or timecode, to midi, using hitpoints and such.

While I'm fine with the 'How-To' in Cubase, (I even learned how to program those nasty studio modules) I would like to read how keyboarder/remixer/songwriter... use their sequencer (not necessarily limited to Cubase) in a creative way. You could write a feature about the creation of a song, mainly done with a soft-sequencer.

OK, done. my first post here. I see the spell checker, is there a button for grammar too :-)

Regards

bluebus

Archived