Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Monitoring Headphones

I've never seen a comparison of monitor headphones (probably because I don't read Mix or other recording mags, only Keyboard and EM) so I'm wondering what kind of headphones people are using.

I use the AKG K270S because it sounds amazing, has excellent bas response and is very clear even at lower levels. It's also much louder than the 240M which requires a dedicated headphone amp. My ear does tire from it sometimes, though, so I am kind of considering changing.

If someone would rather point me to an article on this or to another forum, that would be fine, too.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Steve, you probably won't believe this, but I have a pair of those AKG's too and loved them dearly until they got smashed one day when I was on the road. I was having a creative streak and the only headphone supplier around was Radio Shack. I thought to myself, well, I'll just get a cheap set until I get back home. The cheaper ones sounded horrible, but when I tried out the $100 model I was amazed. Now, I've got 45 year old R&R ears so, perhaps, I'm not the one to be hailing accolades about these things, but I gotta tell ya...these Radio Shack phones sounded so good that I flopped the old plastic out on the table for them and haven't regretted it since. I love 'em. Just goes to show ya just can't believe everything the major media tells ya no matter what political persuasion they might have. jwk http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

Archived