Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Suggestions for first couple of sample CDs to buy?

jsimon

After a couple decades of playing the piano, I've recently been bitten by the bug to pick up a software sequencer and try to start actually creating some music of my own. I'm at the point now where I would like to obtain some of the more exotic sounds that I'm hearing in ambient and trance songs out there now.

Do any of you happen to have recommendations on a good set of CDs to pick up with which to begin a sample library? I've meandered through bigfishaudio.com and other similar sites (as well as a slew of shareware sound sites like soundloops inc), but it seems difficult to find your basic starter-set for ambient/trance. While price isn't a major concern, I'm obviously hesitant to lay out $60-$100 in a shot-gun approach to finding basic electronic/organic sounds.

I'm more than happy to keep using the standard sounds I have if that's the recommendation, but part of the reason to start a hobby is to collect a bunch of new toys, right? http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

I'm focuing on musical styles such as Robert Miles or Jeff Rona's "The In Crowd" soundtrack (kind of organic, mysterious stuff - very cool). Any suggestions would be much appreciated...

Thanks,

Jeff

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived