Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

#$%@%$?$ !!!

bstp

Im about to scream SO LOUD !!!

Ive been making music for a long time now (hardware synths and samplers), and Im currently looking around to buy a pc. Little did I know that it takes a degree in shopping-for-pc-101 !!! Im searching the net for a few weeks now, trying to find a web site that could tell me precisely what I would need to buy Every single sites I went to messed my head up more than anything All I want is to buy Cubase 5 and run it in Windows 98 (AUDIO and MIDI). So, with all I read and with some friends advices, heres what I came up with : a pentium 3 or 4 processor (1gig), ADM or Intel motherboard, 256 sdram (twicw for 512), a 10g hard disk (softwares) and a 30g hd (data, audio, wav.), a MOTU micro express MIDI interface, a midiman Delta 44 or 66 soundcard

Is there anyway that this is going to work ? I feel like Im suddenly blind !

PLEASE ! Help me

bstp

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you're used to Windows, than a Mac would only make your problems worse, wouldn't it? I think you should go with whatever you're used to using. Oh yeah, as for your recommended computer setup, I have to say that for just making music, you don't need anything faster than a 700MHz system (350MHz if it's a Mac G4) and that's only because you're buying a new system. Many famous musicians run Cubase and Recycle from 166MHz systems. A pentium 3 1GHz or pentium 4 is way overboard unless you want to play graphic intensive video games so you can save yourself a lot of money on the processor. As for the rest of your system, it sounds good.

Archived