Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Bad joke guitarists are telling about us!

humannoyed

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-Give me a D6 clavinet and I can take him on anyway he wants - well done or rare!

-Give me an Andy ...Bang!!!(Mom slapped on Keyman's head hard) "You little geek", Mom said, "day dreaming on gears again huh? Go finish your $%^&* noodles!" http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

---------------

Hooked on Keys....

This message has been edited by Keyman on 01-26-2001 at 01:24 PM

Hooked on Keys...

Just a joke on myself! Don't get offensed people ! http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/tongue.gif

-------------------

Hooked on Keys..

This message has been edited by Keyman on 01-26-2001 at 01:26 PM

Hooked on Keys...

• 1 month later...

Who the fuck cares? Synth these days is a piece of cake - much easier than guitar. If you REALLY play guitar, it takes years to perfect. Just like piano. I work with asshole musicians all day long and have finally turned a deaf ear to the ego bullshitola that goes on. You either like Beethoven or Mozart, Dio or VanHalen, Yngwie or SRV, Analogue or Digital...just forget all that crap and go have a beer (or a Guiness, depending on your faith)

Oh yeah, here's a joke to remember...How do you get a guitarist/synth player/drummer/bass player (take your pick) to stop playing? Answer: zip up his/her pants.

Originally posted by joegerardi:

Keyboard players generally have a little more theory too. I remember doing an song and telling the bass player to come in on the anacrucis (God, I can't believe I don't remember how to spell it. Time to get out the old Harvard Dictionary Of Music.) and he had no idea what I was talking about. Makes for some tough communications.

Jeogerardi:

I am a keyboard player of many years. In fact I learnt classical piano first for about 12 years!.

The first time I heard about an anacrucis, was from my fellow bass player who said to me during a band rehersal - "you missed the anacrucis!" I said "the what?". So I guess that makes the score Keyboard Players 1: Bass Players 1. ;-)

and all the world's greatest musicians were keyboard players anyway

I'm a piano player for nearly 40 years. Most (not all) of the best musicians I've ever experienced (and I've run into a few over the years) have played instuments other than piano.

DOS, you have a very narrow view of music, to which you're entirely welcome.

Even so, try listening to some Moorish music. Or, say, Blind Boy Fuller. Sarah Chang. Charlie Parker. Maybe some music from South India. Or Bali. Or Macedonian music. Or Duke Ellington (who played a BAND, while sitting at the piano).

If one doesn't want to be the butt of jokes, one should turn down the hubris. I have never met a musician anywhere who couldn't be humbled by some other musician.

Hell, pianos don't even play in tune, man!

JW

Jeez, you guys are taking these jokes WAY too seriously. No wonder guitarists are telling estrogen jokes about us!

Speaking of estrogen, here are a few of my faves;

Q: How do you know when a chick singer is knocking at your door?

A: She doesn't know when to come in!

Q: Why doesn't it help to tell her?

A: She can't find the key!

Q: How does a lead singer change a light bulb?

A: They hold the bulb in the socket and wait for the world to revolve around them!

P.S. Guitars are cool, but keyboards RULE! http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

><>

Steve

Archived