Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Patches

MidiGalaol.com

Let me ask again: does any sequencer out there, that uses Cakewalk Pro Audio 9, have a patch or an instrument definition (not sure which this is) called Glass Harp? Send the word, send the word, Over There! I need this sound desperately. A Happy New Year to all of you too!!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by MidiGal@aol.com:

David, I can use a patch or an instrument definition from MANY synths, but I have a Yamaha. Do you have that patch?

I am way unclear as to what you are asking for - if I understand you correctly, you're asking for the parameters that will give your synth a certain sound, right? If so, I'm afraid that you can't just load a generic pacth into any synth - the patch has to be compatible with/written for that synth. If you have a certain typeof Yamaha, that usually means that you need a program written for that specific Yamaha. Sometimes some synths by the same manufacturer may be somewhat compatible, but as a rule it's not 100%

Am I understanding wht it is that you are looking for correctly?

BTW, I am a Mac guy, and have no Cakewalk anything.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

It sounds to me like you're looking for some sort of variation instrument within an XG synth. However I just looked up my XG guide from my MU90 (albeit the 90 has a few less patches that later MU synths) and don't see any Glas Harp. I do, however, see Glas Perc. and Nylon Harp.

GlasPerc is Patch 115/Bank 97. NylonHarp is patch 100/Bank 64. There's also Harp Vox which is patch 100 bank 65, and GlassPad which is Patch 92, Bank 65. There's a bunch of Synth variation sounds in bank 64 & 65 that you should check out and might work well.

If you have a Yamaha XG synth like the MU 100/128, the QY series, or their soundcard or even a Yamaha softsynth, I suggest looking in the patch list for the instrument and finding the patch by program change & bank number.

Otherwise I can't tell what you mean - since I'm not a Cakewalk user (you won't find many of those in this forum), my usual use of the term "instrument definition" is for a whole synthesizer, not just one patch. Plus if you're looking for one specific patch, you can technically only load it onto your synth if it's a sampler or a patch made for that synthesizer.

I hope this helps..

Originally posted by MidiGal@aol.com:

Yes, Brian, I can use DX7. Is that Roland?

And to the other people who helped, thanks so much. What I'm looking for is a patch that is used when one sequences midi music and I use Cakewalk Pro Audio 9.

This is getting very confusing. You mentioned before that you use "a Yamaha". Now you're asking if a DX7 is a Roland.

You also said "I can use a patch or an instrument definition from MANY synths, but I have a Yamaha".

If I may make a suggestion, I think the best think you could do at this point, is tell us:

1) Exactly what synthesizers you're using, including model names and numbers, and

2) Exactly what it is you're hoping to get.

In Cakewalk, an instrument definition, as I understand it, is a list of the banks and patches in a particular synth. It provides a list of patch names, and the appropriate bank and program change numbers required to get to those patches. It doesn't include any sysex data, it's just a map of patch names and bank/program change numbers.

So, right away, your request is confusing. An instrument definition wouldn't have a name like "Glass Harp", it would have a name like "Korg M1" or "Roland JV2080".

You need to be more clear about what you're asking for.

Archived