Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Alesis QS 7.1 and Micrologic AV

Yamis

I recently purchased an Alesis QS 7.1 keyboard. It came with software (Micrologic AV version 6.something, Soundiver, Freeloader, etc.). I loaded the software from the CD onto my computer (a PC). Micrologic AV doesn't notice that my keyboard is connected to my computer. I am using the serial interface on the Alesis keyboard to connect to my computer instead of the MIDI connections. The Soundiver software works fine. Can anyone offer me any advice? I have tried reloading the software but that hasn't worked.
Yamis

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first thing that you need to do is to make sure that two things are happening on the 7.1 - first of all, make sure that the switch on the back of the synth is set to PC.

Secondly, hit the EDIT SELECT button, then the BANK> button - this willl put you into Global Edit mode. Using the PAGE> button, scroll to page 15, which should say I/O:MIDI. Move the slider, and the prompt will change to the settings for the PC. I believe that you'll need to use the second setting, which is the 31.25kBd rate.

Try that...many people see the switch, but don't look for the software toggle. If it's still not working, I suggest that you call Alesis tech support at (800) 5-ALESIS. They'll help.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Check if the serial cable is FULLY connected to your QS. I once thought it was connected, but the plastic connector was a millimeter too large in diameter. It looked like if it was connected, but in fact it wasn't.

I peeled off some plastic with a knife and it worked perfect!

------------------

www.dancewave.nl

This message has been edited by pim@dancewave.nl on 12-27-2000 at 07:06 PM

:keys: My Music:thx: I always wondered what happened after the fade out?

Thanks for everyones input so far. The Alesis QS7.1 is set up properly and the serial cable is good(I can play MIDI files using the keyboard with MIDI Player and can talk to it with Soundiver). These are some of the first things I checked. I think it is something in Micrologic AV. The manual says that it searches for new MIDI cards and other devices each time it is loaded. I wonder if the problem is that it doesn't recognize that the keyboard is connected through a serial port and not a MIDI port. I emailed Emagic but haven't received a response yet.
Yamis

• 4 weeks later...

Problem solved. In case this ever happens to any one else, the problem was a missing line of code in Windows Win.ini file. According to Emagic, it is something that happens on occasion when installing the software. After editing the win.ini file and adding the line of code, everything worked fine. Thanks for everyone's help on this.

Rich Balgowan

Yamis

Originally posted by Rbal4444@aol.com:

I recently purchased an Alesis QS 7.1 keyboard. It came with software (Micrologic AV version 6.something, Soundiver, Freeloader, etc.). I loaded the software from the CD onto my computer (a PC). Micrologic AV doesn't notice that my keyboard is connected to my computer. I am using the serial interface on the Alesis keyboard to connect to my computer instead of the MIDI connections. The Soundiver software works fine. Can anyone offer me any advice? I have tried reloading the software but that hasn't worked.

You may need to select the proper driver just

below "icon" & "Channel" Let me know if this helps..kduane@maxxocnnect.net

Archived