Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Mo Phatt vs. CS6XR

scottk184cs.com

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scott,

They're not in the same category: the EMU is strictly aimed at the urban R&B-HipHop-Drum&Bass crowd. The Yamaha is much more white-sounding, with a strong leaning towards the Eurotechno-electronic dance area, but also has regular, classic & pop sounds. The best feature of both machines is the arpeggios, that also include rhythm patterns, and the realtime controls. You don't have that on the TR Rack or the JV. It really depends on what music you make.

Merry holidays

Max

Italy

Max Ventura, Italy.

I agree fully with Max - the E-Mu is definitely a very specifically targeted (great-sounding) niche product, while the Yamaha will offer more sonic flexibility.

I do want to say that I might be more inclined to lean towards the Yamaha - I wasn't aware that there was a rack version of the CS6x, but if there is and it allows for you to use Yamaha's plug-in boards, that could allow for greater variety and thus a longer lifespan in your studio.

I think that the idea of being able to add other synth engines (not just sound ROM) is just way too cool.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Hi Max and Dave,

First of all, Merry Christmas...and thanks for your replies.

I live in Hawaii and there is no music store that carries either product at the moment -- so I can't compare for myself!!

I'm currently using the 1080 and TR-Rack for the bulk of the things I'm doing but I never seem to have enough drums and bass sounds. Being that the CS6XR costs $400 - $500 more, I think I'll be going with the Mo Phatt. It'll give me the sounds I need plus the price is more reasonable.

Thanks again!

Scott

Hi Max,

www.8thstreet.com is selling the Mo Phatt for $695 and www.musiciansfriend.com is selling the CS6XR for $1199. I find that 8th Street Music usually sells most gear the cheapest. I have a special discount card, though, from Sweetwater that might get me a slightly better price on either...

-Scott

There ya go. If ya have access to the internet (which you obviously do) check the .com's. I've gotten several pieces of gear from internet sites and have saved quite a bit of $$$ doing so and haven't had a problem with gear or shipping. Don't feel stuck with what your local music store is selling at what price.

Personally, I find the lowest price on something and take it to the local store. I do try and support local buisness when I can, I then offer them to come close to matching the price. If they don't want to than I order from Web &/or Catalog based buisness.

This message has been edited by Stratman on 12-25-2000 at 11:39 PM

Wow. Since I was there last, 8th streetMusic Store got hip... call Rogue Music in NYC, 30th St & 8th Ave, ask for Clay or Miguel, tell them you're a friend of Italian Max, see what they've got used or ex-demo. They'll set you up right, if they can. But ask for them, nobody else.

And by the way, tell those two faggots I'm still alive&kikin'.

Max Ventura, Italy.

Has anyone actually heard the Mo-Phatt??? I've had a hard time finding any info on it at all. It says it has 32megs of hip hop sounds, but are they any good? The only Emu rack I own now is the Proteus 2000, but it's "hiphop" kits are pretty weak imo, not very aggressive and somewhat tinny.

Whats up with the Mo-Phatt???

Archived