Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Roland AX-1 glitch

gakiaudiousa.net

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does this happen with every synth to which you connect the AX-1?

The reason that I ask is that I know if a few synths that do this on the receiving end when you change programs, depending on what mode you're in.

Please do let us know how you resolve the problem!

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Dave-

The AX-1 is used primarily with an Alesis Nanobass. The problem happens while just playing. All of a sudden it just goes to default and comes back full volume, as if it had a momentary power drop. It also goes to full volume while changing programs. Volume control is restored by changing the setting on the Nanobass. A software glitch? Have also had the cutout problem with a Korg 05R/W. We are trying a modification of the main power supply on the board of the AX-1 to eliminate power interuptions. Thanks for the reply.

David Garrett

Originally posted by gakiaudio@usa.net:

The AX-1 is used primarily with an Alesis Nanobass

http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

I didn't want to say anything until I was sure that it was an Alesis piece, but I'd have been willing to wager that it was. Consequently, I believe that I can explain part of your problem.

Alesis QS synthesizers revert to full volume upon program change when you are in individual program mode. If you don't want that to happen, you need to set up a Mix (combi) with only one program, and change the program from within the Mix - then it works just fine.

Unfortunately, the nB doesn't have Mix mode... http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/frown.gif

Unless I am mistaken, there isn't a lot that you can do about it. There are some controllers (like the Kurzweil PC88, for example) that let you set an entry and exit value for any cc parameter. If the AX1 has that feature, then you're set, but it's my guess that it doesn't.

As far as the volume being reset without the program change, it sounds like you're on the right path with chasing down the power-recycle problem on the AX, since it's happening with multiple synths - it makes sense to me that it would.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Archived