Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The bed thread

Dave Bryce

Originally posted by Dave Bryce: You guys know I love to dig up threads from the back pages...here's a way interesting one that many of you have probably not seen. I'd love to hear your comments...dB
Well done. For a moment, I thought a database problem occured :)

Originally posted by eriknorlander@thetank.com: Emulator IV Keyboard (which I believe used the same Fatar keybed as the Wave) Hammond B3 / C3 The Wave and EIV use the high end 76-note Fatar semi-weighted synth keybed that is state of the art
Correct.

Emu was at that time very spending moderate and the only reason they chose that action was because of something that is probably one of the best things about Emu. Unwritten rule with Emu. (Emulator era)

Never create (name) a new generation unless results are really reflection of the great and visible leap compared with previous generation. EIV keyboard was awaited by so many customers and they wouldn't gamble with anything dubious.

Originally posted by joegerardi: The EIII had a fast, tight action.
EIII keybord came as a great surprise. My favorite

Originally posted by fjzingo: Roland D20 anyone, .. had an action I really liked at the time.
D20 was a nice keyboard. Do you remember what was the name of that charming onboard demo? My Brother? Or something like that. Anyway, combination of Dave Grusin meets Jan Hammer while Lee Ritenour is relaxing is relaxing at the pool . I really love that demo.

Acoustic :

Fazioli F228

Yamaha C7, (very warm sound for Yamaha)

Digital 88 :

~ Kawai MP9500

~ Peavey DPMC8 (often make DMPC8 typo)

(display layout has only to thank Roland A80)

~ Yamaha KX88

To best of my knowledge, That was a record keyboard considering that KX88 lasted more then 10 years.

~ ELKA MK88

Strange in evey way, but beautiful nonetheless.

Fairlight had decent keyboard, but nothing extraordinary considering the rest.

Has anyone mentioned... T8 belle?

Softies :

~ Roland JX-10

~ E4K

~ EIII

~ GEM S2

Many other fine keyboards.

I'm not ashamed to admit, the only purchase based on looks only: Korg T1

Action was adequate, but it was so attractive looking and that resting platform Something I just couldn't resist. I love design with expressive essence of the object. Design that is unspoiled with time or trends. Design that communicates exactly that. Timeless beauty.

Korg had such a beautiful layout with M and T keyboards, pure minimalism.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by retrokeys:

I always wished that one could get Fender sound with a Wurli feel. These days you can (or at least close). Yay.

what the??
I like to move it, move it (except The Wurly which can be a bit temperamental and the 122 for obvious reasons)

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:AFAIK, only Yamaha makes all of their own keybeds. Roland makes some of their own, and use some FATAR. I think pretty much everyone else is using FATAR keybeds currently. dB
Dieter Doepfer, to best of my knowledge is exception to that rule.

While the "+" version is Fatar, I've heard several times from users that keyboards (without "+") are made by them. Although, considering their keyboard sales, that sounds very extravagant, provided it is true.

http://www.doepfer.de/hammer.gif

Also, the most mysterious company in the world : Wersi :thu:

I'll bet, they are daring enough to make at least some of their own.

Archived