Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

That Was Quite An Adventure We Had Last Night...Wasn't It (??!!!)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by Curve Dominant: [b]...wasn't it?? It reminded me of something a friend of mine used to say when he wasn't sure of something: "It was real, and it was great...but it wasn't really great." Go ahead, you guys, tell the class about our big night out in Philly last night.[/b][/quote]I posted the story on the "Let's Celebrate" thread: http://www.musicgearnetwork.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=008289 I, personally had a great time, and so did GT and Vix. So great, in fact, that the Parking Garage debacle didn't seem to overshadow it, IMO. I though you had a good time, Curve. Were the unexpected house guests too much?
I really don't know what to put here.

[quote]Originally posted by PinheadWewus: [b]Ya know it's always with the Philly people. Excuse me but I don't own a small plane or I would just fly up there or something. Ya know I'm loving these stories, and I'm thinking maybe,just maybe, one day I could be a Philly guy?[/b][/quote]It's really a cool area. Close to NYC, and the art/music scene seems to be on the verge of blossoming. Curve and I are going to try to make this area hip for music again.

I suck. I'm never, ever going to plan to do anything with the peeps from this board again, because whenever I do, I manage to find a way to fuck it up. Last time we planned something here in Philly, our bassist quit, and we had to cram with a new guy to get our shit together. This caused me to miss the first Philly hang. This past Tuesday night found me in my basement with an "emergency" heating team. Turns out the heater in my new house decided to take its last sputtering breaths on the first cold day of the year. Guess who will be replacing their heater instead of buying their wife a car this Fall? AGH. So, if you guys don't mind, I'm not gonna say that I'll actually BE at any of these things in the future. If I can come, I'll just show up. It seems like planning to show up creates some kind of disturbance in the electrical field that surrounds my usual streak of good fortune. Sounds like you guys had an "interesting" time as well.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

[quote]posted by Sylver: [b]I, personally had a great time, and so did GT and Vix. So great, in fact, that the Parking Garage debacle didn't seem to overshadow it, IMO. I though you had a good time, Curve. Were the unexpected house guests too much?[/b][/quote]Nooo, I had a great time. The sleepover was fun. I especially enjoyed giving a foot massage to the freshly-bathed glamour goddess Victoria (she looked awful cute in my old sweatsuit didn't she?). Wewus, screw the small plane and just get on the Amtrak. You'll never want to leave this place.

Eric Vincent (ASCAP)

www.curvedominant.com

Philly needs more Wewus. I think that was the platform of our mayor's campaign. It got him elected, so now he's gotta make good on his promise. Wewus, start petitioning John Street for a private jet. He owes you (and the city.)

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

[quote]Originally posted by CMDN: [b]I suck. I'm never, ever going to plan to do anything with the peeps from this board again, because whenever I do, I manage to find a way to fuck it up. Last time we planned something here in Philly, our bassist quit, and we had to cram with a new guy to get our shit together. This caused me to miss the first Philly hang. This past Tuesday night found me in my basement with an "emergency" heating team. Turns out the heater in my new house decided to take its last sputtering breaths on the first cold day of the year. Guess who will be replacing their heater instead of buying their wife a car this Fall? AGH. So, if you guys don't mind, I'm not gonna say that I'll actually BE at any of these things in the future. If I can come, I'll just show up. It seems like planning to show up creates some kind of disturbance in the electrical field that surrounds my usual streak of good fortune. Sounds like you guys had an "interesting" time as well.[/b][/quote]LOL, I was teasing you more than anyone Eric.

[quote]Originally posted by Curve Dominant: [b] [quote]posted by Sylver: [b]I, personally had a great time, and so did GT and Vix. So great, in fact, that the Parking Garage debacle didn't seem to overshadow it, IMO. I though you had a good time, Curve. Were the unexpected house guests too much?[/b][/quote]Nooo, I had a great time. The sleepover was fun. I especially enjoyed giving a foot massage to the freshly-bathed glamour goddess Victoria (she looked awful cute in my old sweatsuit didn't she?). Cool, I thought you had a good time. I mean, a naked girl in your bathtub, lol! Wooooo Hoooooooo! [/b][/quote]

[quote]Originally posted by Curve Dominant: [b]Yeah, you guys who didn't show missed a classic one...it was like the Playboy Mansion at the Curve's crib the other night. Maybe I'll rename the place.[/b][/quote]Would that make you Hef?

No, I think Hef actually stays for the whole party. Curve: Thanks again for the hospitality. Long, unplanned walk through the city on a cold night, unexpected houseguests, and waking up to find Vix and I cuddled together on your couch...I'm sure it was a bit much, but you took it all in stride. ;)

Woops, maybe I should have looked in here before jumping straight to the Lets Celebrate thread - where I have been posting my tales. [url=http://www.musicgearnetwork.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=008289]Please read there aswell[/url] Woohoo, a two threaded topic! [quote]originally posted by Curve Dominant[b] I especially enjoyed giving a foot massage to the freshly-bathed glamour goddess Victoria (she looked awful cute in my old sweatsuit didn't she?). [/b] [/quote]Not you aswell! Get yer hands off her ;) Big joke everyone by the way! I can relate to how cute she looked in your clothes after seeing her in mine, she looks great all the time! (soory everyone) Please keep me updated as to how you get on with her when/if you start working together. Oh and I DEFINATELY want a copy of the film! ;) Erik - such a shame you missed it, I was looking forward to meeting you. Good luck with the heating. As for the rest of my stories so far, they're in the other thread. John Scotsman

Well, it sounds as if MusicPlayer-East was having a fun time. Already we're getting all of the 'dirt' about: who wore who's clothes, who slept with who, who showered and messaged who. But we're getting in those little bite-sized in-joke messages! C'mon people!!! We want the dirt! And pictures, LOTS of pictures! Don't get all cocky now! Ya know there's enough people here in the mid-west to put together a little soiree of our own! You certainly wouldn't want to put yourselves in a position where you miss out on those tasty details -would you? Besides, I was layed-up tuesday with a chest cold, man! Cut me a little slack!!! :mad: My ears are still blocked up -and I HATE THAT!!!

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

[quote]Originally posted by Scary 8: [b]Well, it sounds as if MusicPlayer-East was having a fun time. Already we're getting all of the 'dirt' about: who wore who's clothes, who slept with who, who showered and messaged who. But we're getting in those little bite-sized in-joke messages! C'mon people!!! We want the dirt! And pictures, LOTS of pictures! [/b][/quote]Sorry man, there are some things that just CAN NOT be shared! Ask The Curve - we're not ones for pictures. Luckily I have a photographic memory so personally I dont really need 'em. However, seeing as I'm leaving the country I did take a few so I could show friends back home what my crazy Americans look like! As long as the people in the pictures permit it, these will eventually be posted online. None of these give away any of the "dirt" but if you're interested I'll send you the link. John Scotsman

Update on my fuckin heater: $2850. to replace it. YAY. Somebody kill me. [quote] from Da Curve: Yeah, dude, we did nuthin' but sit around eating "cheeze steaks" and throwing empty beer cans at the TV watching the Iggles.[/quote]And eating soft pretzels while watching "Rocky" and diggin some Hall & Oates or Cinderella, man. Don't forget the pretzels, or I'll get Skinny Joey after your ass. You know what I mean. Fuggedaboudit.

\m/

Erik

--Sun Tzu

[quote]Originally posted by CMDN: [b]Update on my fuckin heater: $2850. to replace it. YAY. Somebody kill me. [quote] from Da Curve: Yeah, dude, we did nuthin' but sit around eating "cheeze steaks" and throwing empty beer cans at the TV watching the Iggles.[/quote]And eating soft pretzels while watching "Rocky" and diggin some Hall & Oates or Cinderella, man. Don't forget the pretzels, or I'll get Skinny Joey after your ass. You know what I mean. Fuggedaboudit.[/b][/quote]Sorry to hear about the heater, man. Well, NEXT time we decide to get together, maybe we'll just all show up to one of your gigs, so you can't wus out. ;)

Archived