Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Can anyone figure this one out?

[b]WHERE'S THE EXTRA DOLLAR?[/b] :eek: :confused: Calling all mathematical geniuses! How can this be explained? :confused: Can we profit from this? :evil: I'm sure a lot of you have heard this before but here's the story: 3 guys (dont ask) check into a hotel. They have to pay $30 up front for the room, so they each give $10 cash. The receptionist realizes he forgot about the $5 discount that weekend so he sends the bell boy up to the room with $5 change for the guys. The bell boy cant figure out how to split $5 three ways so he decides to keep $2 as a tip and give each of the guys $1 change. This means that each guy has paid $9. [b]Now the confusion[/b] :eek: If each guy paid $9, the total paid is $27. Add the $2 tip and you have $29. [b]WHERE'S THE EXTRA DOLLAR?[/b] :eek: :confused: John Scotsman

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by flyscots: [b] If each guy paid $9, the total paid is $27. Add the $2 tip and you have $29. [/b][/quote]amt paid..30 tip........2 refund....-5 ------------ total.....27 coast...uh...cereel(?) is right, there is no dollar.
0096 2251 2110 8105

[b]Here you go:[/b] ***** The Setup: Each of exactly six doctors - Juarez, Kudrow, Longtree, Nance, Onawa, and Palermo - work at exactly one of two clinics, Souderton or Randsborough. The following conditions must be satisfied: * Kudrow works at Randsborough if Juarez works at Souderton. * Onawa works at Souderton if Juarez works at Randsborough. * If Longtree works at Souderton, then both Nance and Palermo work at Randsborough. * If Nance works at Randsborough, that so does Onawa. * If Palermo works at Randsborough, then both Kudrow and Onawa work at Souderton. Questions: 1) Which one of the following could be a complete and accurate list of the doctors that work at Souderton? a) Juarez, Kudrow, Onawa b) Juarez, Nance, Onawa, Palermo c) Kudrow, Longtree, Onawa d) Nance, Onawa e) Nance, Palermo 2) If Palermo works at Ransborough, then which one of the following must be true? a) Juarez works at Randsborough b) Kudrow works at Randsborough c) Longtree works at Souderton d) Nance works at Randsborough e) Onawa works at Randsborough 3) What is the minimum number of doctors that could work at Souderton? a) zero b) one c) two d) three e) four 4) If Nance and Onawa work at differnt clinics, which one of the following must be true? a) Juarez works at Souderton b) Kudrow works at Souderton c) Palermo works at Randsborough d) Four doctors work at Souderton e) Four doctors work at Randsborough 5) Which one of the following CANNOT be a pair of the doctors working at Randsborough? a) Juarez and Kudrow b) Juarez and Palermo c) Kudrow and Onawa d) Nance and Onawa e) Nance and Palermo 6) If Kudrow works at Souderton, then which one of the following must be true? a) Juarez is at Souderton b) Nance is at Souderton c) Onawa is at Randsborough d) Palermo is at Souderton e) Palermo is at Randsborough ***** This one is supposed to have a 10 minute time limit, but you just take as long as you need. :p

[quote]Originally posted by Brakka: [b][b]Here you go:[/b] The following conditions must be satisfied: [/b][/quote]MY GOD, I feel a serious headache coming on!!! Not that I'm gonna try, but I think the only way to get through that one would be to replace names & places with numbers & letters. About the "wheres the other dollar" joke: I was telling that one 15 years ago, and it's just now getting to you??? Thanks for posting it though, I tried to tell it several months ago, and I couldn't remember how it went. I think the punch line went like this: you ask them where the dollar is, and they try to figure it out, and finally give up (keep in mind, some people NEVER give up) and they say "okay, where IS the other dollar", and you say "right here" and pull a dollar from your pocket. Then while they stand there looking confused, you can rob them, or feel their breasts if it's a girl(or a wewus), or kick their dog, or whatever, and make a clean get away before they realize what has happend. It works!

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

umm, sorry [b]cereel[/b] I did put "I'm sure a lot of you have heard this before" and yeah [b]super 8[/b] I had heard it a long time ago. Last night was just one of them times with friends - alcohol involved. Someone brought this up and it confused the hell outta everyone and I couldnt remember how it was explained other than as cereel said "Its a wording error" Super 8 - you said some people NEVER give up - I kow one of the guys from last night who is still not gonna be satisfied with the explanation! He's tryin to figure out how to make money out of it! Now [b]Brakka[/b] I'll leave that one for now, I just woke up! John Scotsman

[quote]Originally posted by Brakka: [b][b]Here you go:[/b] ***** This one is supposed to have a 10 minute time limit, but you just take as long as you need. :p [/b][/quote]1) B 2) A 3) D 4) A 5) E 6) B :cool:

Archived