Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Is the Audigy Soundcard Enough?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If by reasonable you mean as in getting decent recordings while you learn the ins and outs of the recording process yes it's an OK card.... but if you're looking at the $99.99 and the big label on the box that says 24 bit 100db SNR multi-channel solution, it only records at 16 bit 48000... which is a day and night difference to 16 bit 44100, to my ears. The box is decieving. If you already know the ins and outs of recording and you're looking for an inexpensive setup, spend another $100 on one of the entry level deicated cards. If you get the Audigy make sure to get the Audigy2 which has recently been released. The original Audigy is kind of a flaky fucked up little card by Creatives standards in the past. I've managed to keep mine somewhat stable and all but I'm soon to upgrade and will be glad to be rid of the pesky little bastard. I'll probably throw it in the trash cause I'd feel guity giving it away let alone trying to sell it for a couple of bucks. There's horror stories on the creative newsgroup. That being said I'm getting good recordings with it. I'm a determined bastard. Time to got to 24 bit.

William F. Turner

Songwriter

turnersongs

Sometimes the truth is rude...

tough shit... get used to it.

Archived